• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dvc booking on board for next trip

jshow89

Earning My Ears
Hi I remember on our last cruise during the dvc meeting they said you could book a future cruise at a discounted rate and with some perks, and that you could cancel it or move it around or something? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't remember very clearly what the specifics were.

Since you mention DVC and onboard booking, I will add this...

DVC Members cannot book another cruise with DVC points while onboard. Because of this restriction, a few years ago DVC added the following option.

You can call DVC Member Services with 7 days of disembarking your cruise and book another cruise using points and receive a small discount on the number of points required. There is no exact way to know what discount you might receive, it likely varies by stateroom category and sail date. Based on reports from the boards, the discount is nowhere near 10% and is usually so small (a point or two, maybe up to five) that it really doesn't make much of a difference. The other "Book onboard" benefits such as onboard credit do not apply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter