DVC availability

jenna1212

Earning My Ears
When I look at the potential availability on David's it shows me all room categories as being available for my dates; when I type in the same specifics on the DVCrentalstore, it only shows the one type being available for my dates and the other categories as being partially available. Is one site more accurate than other?

Does the couple hundred dollars difference in price pay for the "cancellation policy"?

When I look at the potential availability on David's it shows me all room categories as being available for my dates;
David's is only a pricing calculator and has no relationship to availability.

DVC Rental Store's calendar refreshes twice daily with availability at the time of the refresh.

This is to say that David's is not at all accurate about availability, since it is not linked to availability, only pricing. DVC Rental Store is accurate at the time of its update, but the availability reported is only as good as the availability of an owner to book that unit at that moment.

David's is only a pricing calculator and has no relationship to availability.

DVC Rental Store's calendar refreshes twice daily with availability at the time of the refresh.

This is to say that David's is not at all accurate about availability, since it is not linked to availability, only pricing. DVC Rental Store is accurate at the time of its update, but the availability reported is only as good as the availability of an owner to book that unit at that moment.
Oh, so if the other room types are only partially available and only one shows as green, it likely means my only option (if successful) is the type in green?

Oh, so if the other room types are only partially available and only one shows as green, it likely means my only option (if successful) is the type in green?

Green indicates a better chance but DVC availability changes so much that until one can book, you won’t know for sure.

It’s why we don’t allow posts here that show real time because it can change within minutes.

There are two elements to availability. The DVC Rental Store tool shows only one, nd not in real time.

There needs to be a unit, and an owner with the right points ready to book.

No rental agency has a backlog of points waiting in the wings to book. They do have backlogs of requests for the preferred resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter