DVC Availability for 50th

fumanchu2488

Mouseketeer
Long story short, we have a reservation booked for May 2021. We had a baby in June and were between going May 2021 and October 2021, so I booked the May trip with the understanding I can modify my booking to October later this year (same point season). With all the COVID stuff going on we would rather just wait to October now.

But now I’m concerned with availability for our trip with the amount of points that will be banked for next year because of COVID and the 50th.

Our reservations are at our home resort (RIV) and include two different bookings. A 6 night stay in a studio for my family and a 3 night Tower studio for my parents. Both those rooms have high demand and I’m wondering if I will be able to modify both at the 11 month mark or if all the things working against me are going to make me lose out. What is everyone thinking?

I also don’t want to run into unmanageable crowds in October. I am thinking maybe I just book late September since I really have no interest in seeing the 50th. We also would get another night from lower points. But I’m worried that weather kind of stinks. I could push it to November as well. When are the worst crowds for the 50th expected? I need to use the points by December 1.

Any input?

I would be surprised if those reservations don’t end up being walked.

You can only book one at a time at 11 months too, What I might do, is stagger the start just so you can get booked one at at time and then move to the exact date,

For example, if you were going Oct 12 to 19..book one to start Oct 11 to 18, and then the next morning book the other one for the correct dates,

You can then modify the first. I did this. If you know for sure you are switching, I’d get them modified now to August and then watch how things are going. if you start seeing walkers, then get into the game.

I’m planning on booking BWV at 11 months, arriving 9/29.
Standard and BW view studios and 2BR villas are already being walked. Looks like p/g view still has availability. Good luck!

@fumanchu2488 in deciding whether you may need to walk Riviera and Tower studios, be aware that the Tower and standard studios have already previously been demonstrating an 11-month booking issue, where they fill right at 8 a.m. at 11-months out, or even before, for some of the times during the fall season that includes October and November, so adding the 50th in 2021 will not newly create an 11-month issue for those rooms but, instead, just just add to the already existing 11-month issue

I would be surprised if those reservations don’t end up being walked.

You can only book one at a time at 11 months too, What I might do, is stagger the start just so you can get booked one at at time and then move to the exact date,

For example, if you were going Oct 12 to 19..book one to start Oct 11 to 18, and then the next morning book the other one for the correct dates,

You can then modify the first. I did this. If you know for sure you are switching, I’d get them modified now to August and then watch how things are going. if you start seeing walkers, then get into the game.
Can I ask for clarity on "You can only book one at a time at 11 months too" please? If I wanted to book at AKL a standard view studio and a savannah view studio for the same dates at 11-months out, I would have to stagger the check-in dates because only one reservation is allowed at a time at 11 months?

Can I ask for clarity on "You can only book one at a time at 11 months too" please? If I wanted to book at AKL a standard view studio and a savannah view studio for the same dates at 11-months out, I would have to stagger the check-in dates because only one reservation is allowed at a time at 11 months?
No. I think that she meant that you have to book them one at a time. You cannot tell the booking tool that you want one of each and proceed from there. You have to complete the booking process for one and then start the booking process for the other. It’s not normally a problem at 11 months for most resorts but for some rooms - like AKV CL or Value, BWV std. view studios and 2BR, RIV tower and std. view studios, CCV studios, BLT std view studios and VGF std view studios - they get booked up either before 8 AM 11 months out or shortly thereafter. If you want 2 of those studios, you are likely to have difficulty. At AKV Kidani a std. + savanna view studios is not normally difficult at under 11 months. However, everything that we know about booking trends goes out of the window for 2020-2021.

Sorry. You have to book one and then go back in and book the other. For some rooms, by the time you go back to book the second room it is gone.

One way to avoid this for hard to get rooms is book one a day early. I did that last year when I needed 2 RIV SV studios.

They were disappearing by 8:03 so I knew I would not get two. So, I booked one starting a day early and then booked the second one the next day, then just modified to make the first one the correct dates.

If they are not hard to get rooms then it doesn’t need to be done.

Last edited:
Riveria owner here and we just booked our rooms for the 50th with no issue. 1 bedrooms are pretty wide open but the towers and the studios are filled up from what I can see for the most part. 2 and 3 bedrooms look like they aren't filling up too fast at the moment

Just noticed that ALL DVC studios are sold out for 9/30/21 with exception to SSR and OKW.

I suspect some will come back online as people re-consider their plans.
Also, a great many I'm sure are in the hands of renters with a large number of points, those may come back too depending upon how fast they plan on selling them.

Just noticed that ALL DVC studios are sold out for 9/30/21 with exception to SSR and OKW.

I suspect some will come back online as people re-consider their plans.
Also, a great many I'm sure are in the hands of renters with a large number of points, those may come back too depending upon how fast they plan on selling them.

They went fast, I checked around 9 a, and most were gone then as well.

I see quite a few studios still open for 9/30? I mean, not for long, but they are now...

I've been debating internally on whether it will be more crowded in the days leading up to or after 10/1/21. I think this answered that question. Before will be quieter, and more preferable providing one doesn't mind the uptick in guests as the Anniversary day approaches.

I've been debating internally on whether it will be more crowded in the days leading up to or after 10/1/21. I think this answered that question. Before will be quieter, and more preferable providing one doesn't mind the uptick in guests as the Anniversary day approaches.
We're planning to try to hit the parks hard for a few days leading up to the 50th (hoping a bit less busy) and then be at MK for the madness on the 1st, and then take it easy for a few days when I think it will be busier.

We're planning to try to hit the parks hard for a few days leading up to the 50th (hoping a bit less busy) and then be at MK for the madness on the 1st, and then take it easy for a few days when I think it will be busier.
That's my plan too.
My son wants to come down later in October, so I think I'll just swap off my value room to him, and pop in a standard studio for the days we overlap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter