DVC at DCA ?

I would like that, really enjoyed our GC stay a coupla years ago!

-Tony

I really do expect this will happen. Not sure it will be that soon, but I can't believe they would have started selling in California if they weren't planning a DVC there.

Yep, and Al is pretty right on. He announced the AKL DVC months before Disney did. This is great news, and will really increase sales of DVC Nation wide.

Al's article is at MiceAge.com. Click on the banner for "1/9: Al Lutz - Subs, Pirates & Rockin'." The section about DVC is on the second page of the article.

Al says that the initial DVC project at Disney's Grand Californian Resort will only have 50 DVC units, but that other DVC projects will follow at the Disneyland Resort.

Al's article is at MiceAge.com. Click on the banner for "1/9: Al Lutz - Subs, Pirates & Rockin'." The section about DVC is on the second page of the article.

Al says that the initial DVC project at Disney's Grand Californian Resort will only have 50 DVC units, but that other DVC projects will follow at the Disneyland Resort.

The proposed expansion location is exactly where a DVC executive told a friend of mine it would be a couple of months ago.

With only 50 units I wonder how fast those points would sell?

:eek:

I would also think this would give a big boost to sales at VAKL. 50 units are bound to sell out really quickly. Add to that the expectation of future DLR projects, and I would expect more west coasters trying to get in at current prices at WDW...

Very interesting news for this west coaster if it's true.

With only 50 units I would assume this would easily assume the title of "toughest DVC resort to book without the 11 month window".:scared1:

Even the smaller WDW DVC's have a couple hundred rooms don't they?

I have no doubt that a CA DVC is in the works. And we know from history that the fastest and easiest way to do this is to rehab an existing resort. This is especially true in CA where space is such an issue.

Very interesting news for this west coaster if it's true.

With only 50 units I would assume this would easily assume the title of "toughest DVC resort to book without the 11 month window".:scared1:

Even the smaller WDW DVC's have a couple hundred rooms don't they?

Assuming this info is true I'm thinking it will sell out fairly quickly. I'm also thinking the MF's would be relatively low making it even more attractive. I really want an add on there so I am concerned how fast it will sell out.

The funny thing is that if you really have to book DVC at GC 11 months in advance, then those who will benefit the most will probably not be those on the west coast. We are about 4 hours from DL and I don't think we have ever booked a trip there more than four months out.

Visitors to DL just don't have the same kind of planning mentality as WDW. For example, if you wanted tickets to the Candlelight Processional at DL, the event date was not formerly announced until mid-Oct and package tickets went on sale the first weekend in Nov., less than a month before the only 4 performances of the CP.

Just my thoughts. -- Suzanne

Wow, Al's article makes it sound so....nearly....official :) . Called my guide who lives in CA now and got her all excited too.

Won't the phones be ringing off the hook when they announce sales?

I need to get a paying job so that I can afford more points!

Assuming this info is true I'm thinking it will sell out fairly quickly. I'm also thinking the MF's would be relatively low making it even more attractive. I really want an add on there so I am concerned how fast it will sell out.

I would hope that existing DVC members would get the first chance to purchase as I've read this happened in the past with other new DVC resorts. Whatever happens I'm sure it's months and months until any solid information comes out, other than an announcement of the project (again assuming it is in fact true).
popcorn::

I'm 35 minutes away from the park and I'm excited. I won't buy points, but I'll use the 7 month window to snag a couple nights here and there. I'll be spending 24 points on a room in June, so anything less than 20 points is a great savings. I can even run to work which is less than 15 minutes away. A working vacation at DL, hmmm. :)

50 units is mentioned in the article, but this could be 50 2 bedrooms which could then be broken down to 100 units of 50 studios and 50 1 bedrooms, thus they might sell around 650,000 points, or just over 4000 new memberships. That may take up to a year to completely sell out. Throw in the fact that the number could be 100 units or 20 per floor(its 5 stories, I believe).

If these points sell like hotcakes then additional expansion would definetly loom in the future.

The great thing about the Grand Californian is you can walk to either park or DTD in under 5 minutes. Hmm, wonder if they will have free Valet parking........

I visit friends in Anaheim every six months or so. I can't wait. I will be adding on there ASAP. :thumbsup2
Also VERY EXCITED about the new DCL ship being built. And the summer of 2008. When will that be announced? Any Idea?

Oh hurry and open! open! open! Can't wait for DVC at DL. I feel more trips to DL coming on, my office already thinks I'm crazy.

When we were at the DLR a few weeks ago 2 different DVC reps told us it was not a matter of IF, but WHEN on a DLR DVC. The guide who took us on the tour of the SSR mock-up pretty much confirmed it. Reading the OP comments makes me even more excited!! Guess we'd better start saving up for another add-on! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter