DVC AP...Any rumors?

LuciMarie

Earning My Ears
Hello Friends!

I hope this is a good place to post, I think it would be better here than miscellaneous.

Two years ago, we bought AP! It was wonderful since we were in FL quite a bit. We didn’t renew them last year because we couldn’t go down at all (quite sad, I know).

Now, two years ago there was am amazing deal on APs and we couldn’t pass up the pricing.

I was curious if anyone knew of any rumors this year on a DVC AP deal. The cost certainly can’t be beat, but I’d love to save a bit if there are any rumors of deals floating around.

We won’t be there until October and than again in February, so I have quite a bit of time.
Thought it might be good to speculate with all the anniversaries and goodies this year will hold.

Thanks!

DVC members are always eligible for about $100 off the normal price of an AP plus the lower-priced Gold pass with blackout dates.

Aside from that, the odds of any "extra special" discount seem remote. Theme park attendance has been doing quite well and it will only rise higher when Galaxy's Edge opens in a few months. They usually offer extra deals when they want to goose attendance. That's not the case right now.

DVC members are always eligible for about $100 off the normal price of an AP plus the lower-priced Gold pass with blackout dates.

Aside from that, the odds of any "extra special" discount seem remote. Theme park attendance has been doing quite well and it will only rise higher when Galaxy's Edge opens in a few months. They usually offer extra deals when they want to goose attendance. That's not the case right now.

I figured it was remote but wanted to ask.

When we bought them two years ago, they were running a promotion where the Platinum pass (not plus) ended up being $500-something. I remember being shocked it was less than $600 per person.
The DVC discount alone is worth it, but with that deal, I couldn't say no.

Never say never. When they had the deal 2 years ago we were all shocked because the parks did not need a boost at that time either. Pandora had just opened!

I think the special prior to the one from 2 yrs ago was maybe 3 or 4 years before that...so maybe something in 2020

Never say never. When they had the deal 2 years ago we were all shocked because the parks did not need a boost at that time either. Pandora had just opened!

That’s part of the reason we were so surprised. Thankfully I have some time before I buy them. Keeping my fingers crossed for extra pixie dust.

What was the HUGE deal a few years back??
I remember the platinum for the price of gold, but if you weren’t visiting during the gold blackout dates it wasn’t a deal at all.

As usual, I'm sure I’m missing something...

What was the HUGE deal a few years back??
I remember the platinum for the price of gold, but if you weren’t visiting during the gold blackout dates it wasn’t a deal at all.

As usual, I'm sure I’m missing something...
It was platinum plus for price of gold, so waterparks included. It was a nice deal.

Saying the Gold to Plat deal was not good is subjective of course. If you didn't use any of the increased benefits you really didn't lose anything, you just paid normal price. We went to the water parks a few days for 3-4 hours. We don't usually go to the water parks so it was a nice added benefit.

We loved the deal a few years back. It was the same year my university went to do the Disney Cross Country Race and my family was able to get in to watch me run with no extra fee. The Gameday Photos from the event also went right onto my AP account and I was able to get pictures of all the team. We also would go to the water parks for a few hours. We keep looking for a similar deal and will get one-day park passes and the military tickets instead at the current prices.

We took advantage of that great DVC member AP price. We got Platinum + passes for the price of a Gold Pass. It allowed us to visit a water park for the first time. Haven't heard any rumors but we're hoping the offer comes out again as we will soon be buying APs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter