Dumbest thing you ever did at Disney

SimonSez

DIS Veteran
For me it was the first time I rode Buzz Lightyear, and didn't participate in the actual game. I just sat there in the car not firing the gun thingy--what an idiot! The other, and this is plain wrong, I went to the F&W festival one year, and didn't try any of the offerings. I'm surprised anyone wanted to travel with me :rotfl2: Also, I rode Kali River Rapids wearing a a brand new pair of nice shorts, bronzer that wasn't waterproof, and yes I got soaked. Shorts pretty much ruined.

Went to see the Enchanted Tiki Bird. I hate birds and especially Iago and his sqawking and it was the longest show of my life.

Went to see the Enchanted Tiki Bird. I hate birds and especially Iago and his sqawking and it was the longest show of my life.

Lol, when my DBF was little, he was in the Enchanted Tiki Room, and when the totem pole started talking he ran out screaming :lmao: I think he's still traumatized today :rotfl:

Mine has to do with scheduling...DD and her BFF start their first day of High School the day after we get home. The day we fly home we land at 11 am and they have open house at 1 pm. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

I booked a dinner ADR at Chef Mickey's when my son was 2. Our ADR time was 8:30, we didn't get seated until 9.:sad2: When we were done eating (around 10:30) we took the bus to DHS since it was close to CSR where we were staying. I thought we could just grab a bus to CSR from DHS without a problem. Well I didn't research that and pretty was annoyed at myself when we arrived at DHS and it was completely dark. Not to mention we were the only ones left on the bus! DHS was closed! Our wonderful bus driver must have picked up my confusion because he asked us if there was a problem. When I explained our situation he told us we would have to go back and then get a bus from MK to our hotel.

We must have looked pretty stressed out because as he was pulling out of DHS the bus driver asked us where we were staying. When I said CSR he replied "you know what I'll just drop you" We were so grateful!

This was many years ago (20 years ago). My first time at the World with my husband and son. We arrived through the train station on my first time ever to Magic Kingdom. There was one of the 7 Dwarfs standing there and my husband said "honey go and get a picture with him" I went running over and stood next to the dwarf (don't remember which one it was). When I turned, there was a line of little kids looking up at me. I kind of slinked away. I guess I hadn't learned my Disney etiquette yet!

The first time we went as a family, we got the deluxe dining plan. The food was amazing but we were basically planning our days around all of our reservations. We were ALWAYS full and probably would have enjoyed the trip a bit more had we gone with the regular plan!

I know some families love the deluxe plan, and maybe one day when it's just my husband and I visiting alone it would work out better, but we'll be sticking with regular plan for now ;)

I booked a dinner ADR at Chef Mickey's when my son was 2. Our ADR time was 8:30, we didn't get seated until 9.:sad2: When we were done eating (around 10:30) we took the bus to DHS since it was close to CSR where we were staying. I thought we could just grab a bus to CSR from DHS without a problem. Well I didn't research that and pretty was annoyed at myself when we arrived at DHS and it was completely dark. Not to mention we were the only ones left on the bus! DHS was closed! Our wonderful bus driver must have picked up my confusion because he asked us if there was a problem. When I explained our situation he told us we would have to go back and then get a bus from MK to our hotel.

We must have looked pretty stressed out because as he was pulling out of DHS the bus driver asked us where we were staying. When I said CSR he replied "you know what I'll just drop you" We were so grateful!

This guy is an example of how CMs across the parks & resorts should act. :cheer2: Glad y'all were able to find an understanding CM!

Drank champagne for my first time ever at the (then) Dixie Landings, chugged it fast and ran (in July heat) to catch the bus to the park. Threw up in the bushes out in front of EPCOT.

However, after that I felt much better. I just rinsed out my mouth at the nearest restroom and kept on trucking - no way I'm missing out on Disney!

Listening to the concierge CM at CR when he told me it would cost me $88 to add a 6th day to my park hopper on the last day of my trip. I knew from reading posts on the DIS it should have only been a few dollars. I ended up just not going to a park on my last day. I should have just went to guest relations at the park and asked someone there

This was just on your last trip (my 7th) and I should have known better. I am prone to blisters but on the last two trips I have babied my feet and worn the best socks and running shoes from The Running Room. No problem with the shoes on my 6th trip but on this last trip, I got blisters so bad on my little toes that my toes felt broken. I was in extreme pain but hobbled all over the place anyhow, for another 10 days. I even took a morning off from the parks and went to an outlet mall to buy new shoes ($200 with cabs and shoes plus new sandals). It wasn't until I got home that I thought to myself, "Why didn't I just rent a wheelchair?":rolleyes:

I am DEATHLY afraid of heights...my knees knock when I stand on a chair to change a light bulb :scared: ... and ... I rode Soarin'!!! :crazy2: By the time I got off, I sat on a bench for half an hour with tears streaming down my face and shaking uncontrollably from head to toe. And to boot...I set an alarm to get up early (had stayed up late the nite before attending MNSSHP) and rope dropped for this torture! :rolleyes2

Left theme parks tickets in the room and didn't realize it until I was standing at the turnstiles - I've actually done this several times!:eek:

Left theme parks tickets in the room and didn't realize it until I was standing at the turnstiles - I've actually done this several times!:eek:

Since you are prone to this unfortunate habit :rotfl: might I suggest that the very minute that you purchase your tickets and have them in hand that you take a photograph with your cell phone of the back of the ticket (the part with the numbers). Keep those on your phone.

Next time you show up without the tickets, simply show Guest Relations the numbers on your tickets and they will issue new tickets.

No, I will not explain how I know this works. :dance3:

Of course, if you are staying onsite now all of that is on Magic Bands so if you forget them you can get the plain boring grey ones reissued at GR. (I have read rumors that they have colors, but no one that has confirmed these are not the $12 ones you can buy if you're not a hotel guest). Those new MBs will now be registered in your MDE and you can use either them or your original ones interchangeably on future days (unless of course you have to get yet another replacement).

We got on the wrong bus out first night. Meant to go to MK.... I was so excited that there was a bus the moment we arrived at the bus station! What luck!! Ended up at HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter