Dumb question about PhotoPass

SamiGage

Earning My Ears
Is this a free service and then you just pay to order prints or a CD? I know PhotoPass+ costs, but I wasn't sure about PhotoPass. Also, anyone have an opinion on whether they think PhotoPass+ is worth it? TIA!

I think there are two different photpass packages. Photopass and then Photopass+. You get a few more options with Photopass+ vs Photopass. If you don't prepay for these services, you can't take advantage of them afterwards. If you don't do it, you can still grab a card from the first photographer and use it during your trip. You will then just have to pay for each photo you want. The benefit of the photopass is they send you a disc of every picture and the rights to them. Then you can go anywhere and develop them. We have done the Photopass twice. The first time was a nightmare because over half of the pictures taken never made it to the disc. They tried to find them but could not recover them so I was refunded my money. The second time was great as ever picture was on the disc. Our most recent trip, I decided to just purchase a new mirrorless slr camera and take the photos myself.

It is free to the extent that any photographer will give you a photpass card and take pictures at no charge.

Then whe you get home, you can buy the photos you want.

We usually buy the cd before we leave, to take advantage of the $50 off promo they have. This way we have all of the pcitures they took during our stay. The CD is a good deal for us becuase we usually get btw 200-300 pictures taken. This may sound crazy, but they add up quick.

Keep in mind the photographers will take pictures with your camera. This way everyone can be in those pictures. They are great, in most cases they will take as many pictures as you want.

"The first time was a nightmare because over half of the pictures taken never made it to the disc. They tried to find them but could not recover them so I was refunded my money."

What a nightmare. How horrible for you. I couldnt imagine if this happened to us. We have done the photopass 4 times without incident. Hopefully what you ran into was an anomily.

We did the Photopass + our last trip, and for us it was worth it. It is only worth it if you are doing character meals with photos taken upon arrival and want photos from rides. We had two character meal photos and a few ride photos that were all included on our disk, as well as the ones they printed at the meals and gave us. We would have purchased the Photopass CD either way, but the cost of the other photos this added made it a real deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter