• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DTD Hotels - how close to each other?

jtjcwise

Mouseketeer
I will be attending a meeting at the Buena Vista Palace in September. The room rate is $149 nightly, but I can get a cheaper price at many of the other DTD resorts and definetly cheaper at Pop Century. How close are the other hotels?

Probably looking at the Grosvenor or the Best Western. Also trying to find out if I drive to the Buena Vista Palace will I be able to park there for the meeting?

Yes, you will be able to park at the hotel. My understanding is that the free self parking is a bit of a hike away from the main bldg though. You might want to opt for the valet parking instead.

The hotel Royal Plaza has just reopened after a full renovation - check out there website or mousesavers for rates. none of the hotels are that far away from each other at DTD. I have heard less than wonderful things about the Grovenor (we stayed there years ago and it was ok then but that was in the 90's).
Sharon

jtjcwise said:
Probably looking at the Grosvenor or the Best Western. Also trying to find out if I drive to the Buena Vista Palace will I be able to park there for the meeting?

If its a choice between the Best Western and the Grosvenor, go with the Best Western. While the Grosvenor would be closer to the Palace, there have been many really bad reports (run down, dirty, etc.) about the place; the Best Western was completely remodeled just a few years ago and gets better reviews.

Pop Century is a few miles away. However, there is complimentary Disney bus transportation from there to the Downtown Disney Marketplace, and the bus stop is across the street from the Palace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter