DtD courtyard by marriott.20.03 rate

sweetheart2576

Disney Fanatic
Has anyone been able to get August 17-20 or August 20-23 for the 20.02 rate lately? I've called on a few occasions prior and they are booked and are telling 8/28 is the only availabel day in august that they have available for that rate. Should i keep trying to see if any more are opened up or just give up all together. I can get a $39 a night rate through dreams unlimited which will probably be what i end up doing which is still cheap.

speaking only from experience last year, they do not open up more dates & people rarely call to cancel because the rates are non refundable & since they are already getting their $20.03, I doubt they would open it back up for the same rate, just sell the room at regular rates they are offering. $39 is still a great rate, I would book it at the $39 rate before that one disappears!!!

I don't know if they will open any more rooms up at that rate. And since it is not cancellable you won't get cancellations opening up the rooms either.

The DU rate is very good and I would probably just go with it.

We stayed there last weekend through priceline for $29 a night. It is comming up a lot on priceline. We were not thrilled with the place, there was a lot of rehab going on in the section where we were only 1 working elev. and it was always beiing used by employees with carts and there was only one ice machine working for 6 floors

Can you please tell us more about your section of the resort? What was being rehabed? Thank you.

I am going to go with the 39 a night rate. Which i believe is still excellent for a downtown disney hotel. Just thought if i can save about 20 a anight that would give me more money to spend at the greatest place on earth. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Originally posted by Memph1s
We stayed there last weekend through priceline for $29 a night. It is comming up a lot on priceline. We were not thrilled with the place, there was a lot of rehab going on in the section where we were only 1 working elev. and it was always beiing used by employees with carts and there was only one ice machine working for 6 floors

If you don't mind, I also would like to know which section you were in. I'll be there at the end of September.

We were in the wing that is parallel to I-4 facing the pool. However, we did not hear any road noise from I-4. Room #228. The room was ok, large but a little barren looking. We had a king bed and a sleeper sofa. We had a balcony but no patio furniture. Most rooms had patio furniture but ours did not. There were a lot of little things that bothered us. Our king bed only had a double bed mattress pad, the doors to the large closet had been removed leaving a lot of unfinished exposed wood, The TV was very small, there was a panel of marble missing in the bathroom that left an exposed pc of wood. The only ice machine working with ice was on the 6th floor and with only one working elevator constantly full of workers and equipment it made getting to the 6th floor a pain. We were on the 2nd floor so we used the stairs most of the time. We did have a pool view but because of the trees right in front of our room we could see nothing. It was still a good deal for the price we paid but I would have been very disappointed paying any more. This was one of the times we felt that we got a "Priceline room." I think we would have been much better off in the tower. However, the only rooms they had there would have been facing I-4 and I have heard that road noise is a problem.

We were in the wing that is parallel to I-4 facing the pool. However, we did not hear any road noise from I-4. Room #228. The room was ok, large but a little barren looking. We had a king bed and a sleeper sofa. We had a balcony but no patio furniture. Most rooms had patio furniture but ours did not. There were a lot of little things that bothered us. Our king bed only had a double bed mattress pad, the doors to the large closet had been removed leaving a lot of unfinished exposed wood, The TV was very small, there was a panel of marble missing in the bathroom that left an exposed pc of wood. The only ice machine working with ice was on the 6th floor and with only one working elevator constantly full of workers and equipment it made getting to the 6th floor a pain. We were on the 2nd floor so we used the stairs most of the time. We did have a pool view but because of the trees right in front of our room we could see nothing. It was still a good deal for the price we paid but I would have been very disappointed paying any more. This was one of the times we felt that we got a "Priceline room." I think we would have been much better off in the tower. However, the only rooms they had there would have been facing I-4 and I have heard that road noise is a problem.

Oh no, I have this hotel for the end of September at the $20.03 rate but I also booked two extra nights for $99.00/night, maybe I need to change my plans and book two extra nights somewhere else but then again maybe by the end of September all their renovations will be done. Guess I now have something to think about. Thanks for the info.

If there is anybody else out there that has stayed at this hotel lately, I would like to know your opinion.

There is no way I would pay $99/nt at 20.03 it is a great deal but there are much better places for $99/nt

There is no way I would pay $99/nt at 20.03 it is a great deal but there are much better places for $99/nt

That's exactly what I was thinking. I only did that because I hate to change hotels once I'm there but in this case maybe I will. Ok Disney if your listening, room only codes for this fall, please?

dturner.

You can get AAA rate at Ctyd by Marriott for $69.00 a night for those weekend nights. Of course, they can be cancelled within 48 hours. Hope this helps

Bugbugmom

Originally posted by bugbugmom
dturner.

You can get AAA rate at Ctyd by Marriott for $69.00 a night for those weekend nights. Of course, they can be cancelled within 48 hours. Hope this helps

Bugbugmom

Don't you have to be a member of AAA to get that rate?

dturner,

you can get All Stars at the end of September for $61.60 a night with AAA or Disneyclub.

kilee,

you can call both places. You can also book the discount (sometimes) on the AAA website. It's usually there for a couple months in advance but not really far in advance.

schwaa

We stayed there in May - we were in the tower looking out on I4. The traffic noise was not noticable to us unless we opened the balcony door. No problem with ice - it was right around the corner from our room. We enjoyed our stay there and are going back in Sept. I don't know if I would pay 99.00 per night (I don't think I would). I would stay at allstars before I did that, if the rates were better. It was nice being so close to Downtown Disney though and they do have a good breakfast buffet. The staff are really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter