DTD Babycakes cake delivery???

2gr8DisneyKids

DIS Veteran
Now that there is a Babycakes in DTD I wonder if they will offer cake delivery to resorts or restaurants in WDW.

DD cannot have dairy and I have heard terrible stories about the Disney allergy cake (and they will not decorate it)! I asked at CRT about the Babycakes delivery. They said not now, but that I could bring one in but they would not store it or serve it.

I am going to e-mail the suggestion to WDW and to babycakes.

Anyone ask Babycakes if they deliver yet?

Now that there is a Babycakes in DTD I wonder if they will offer cake delivery to resorts or restaurants in WDW.

DD cannot have dairy and I have heard terrible stories about the Disney allergy cake (and they will not decorate it)! I asked at CRT about the Babycakes delivery. They said not now, but that I could bring one in but they would not store it or serve it.

I am going to e-mail the suggestion to WDW and to babycakes.

Anyone ask Babycakes if they deliver yet?

Honestly, I would not hold out hope. The reason being is that Disney offers custom cakes and to allow a non disney owned establishment to do it would cut into revenue. You never know though because they could figure out a way to make sure Disney gets their cut.

Honestly, I would not hold out hope. The reason being is that Disney offers custom cakes and to allow a non disney owned establishment to do it would cut into revenue. You never know though because they could figure out a way to make sure Disney gets their cut.

I would LOVE to order one of the adorable Disney cakes from the cake order line, BUT then DD can not eat it. Truthfully, I would love if Disney would take the Babycakes cakes and have them decorated and served like the others. I would be happy to pay!

I would LOVE to order one of the adorable Disney cakes from the cake order line, BUT then DD can not eat it.

1) Doubtful.
2) WDW would be paying
. . . material
. . . labor
. . . overhead (including high DTD rents)
. . . profit
3) With their own cakes they do not pay someone else's profit.
4) I would still call Disney and see what they can do.
5) They can work around most allergies.

NOTE:
As for bringing in food, it is a poor health practice.
The restaurant does not know how it was made, stored or handled.
It could bring all sorts of nasties that would be harmful to other diners.
That is why they won't store or serve such.

You "can" order an allergy cake, but it is a frozen cake that does not taste very well and they refuse to decorate it.

With all the things Disney does well, including dealing with food allergies, they fail big time with the cake.

It is not me trying to cheat Disney, it is me trying to get DD the same birthday options at WDW as non-food allergic kids.

Call them directly and ask! The worst they can say is no, right? Disney restaurants seem to vary with their willingness to accommodate outside cakes (there are examples of restaurants who have allowed it on the cake chatter thread, I believe) so I would check with any restaurant you are considering too. Would you be willing to pick up the cake rather than get delivery? Good luck!

There have been posts in the past (more than one) discussing how Disney restaurants will not allow outside cakes unless you personally carry it in and put it on the table. They will not serve it, and they will not take it back in the food serving or kitchen areas, due to fears of contamination.

But there HAVE been others who have been able to bring a cake into a Disney restaurant ... it has not been taken to the kitchen and it generally has to be served by themselves, but it doesn't seem to be a firm yes or no answer like so many Disney situations. That is why I threw out the idea of a pick up, OP. I hope you are able to work out something. One of my DSs is gluten intolerant so I can understand your frustration on a very small level.

But there HAVE been others who have been able to bring a cake into a Disney restaurant ... it has not been taken to the kitchen and it generally has to be served by themselves,

:confused3
Which is what I said after the word "unless".

1) Doubtful.
NOTE:
That is why they won't store or serve such

Rusty Scupper nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper
1) Doubtful.
NOTE:
That is why they won't store or serve such.
Rusty Scupper nailed it.

Also my reasoning for wanting it delivered... I am a certified in food safety and am well aware of what the liability and public health risks are.

I was just thinking it would make for a nice upgrade in the food allergy cake issue at WDW and benefit both WDW and Babycakes as well as the kids who would like some cake that they want to actually eat.

CRT is correct, they won't accept delivery from outside Disney (which is perfectly understandable, and Babycakes is not Disney-operated). They are also correct that you can buy one and bring it with you but they will not store or serve it. They won't even do that if you carry out from a Disney bakery.

There was a post awhile back from a guest who tried to save a little money by carrying out from the Boardwalk Bakery a birthday cake to bring to Chef Mickey's, but while they were allowed to bring the cake into the restaurant, they were extremely disappointed that the restaurant refused to store and serve it. They wanted it brought out by restaurant staff and presented as a surprise for the birthday child, which the restaurant could not do. Had they arranged for delivery to the restaurant through Disney, there would have been no problem.

Unless there is a special arrangement between Disney and Babycakes by which Babycakes can deliver items to Disney restaurants, the best you can do is to buy one from Babycakes, pick it up and bring it in yourself - but then you have to carry it into the park. This will probably be allowed but it would be a hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter