DS Sale Update

jiminy14

DIS Veteran
Just got back from my local DS. Some more markdowns have taken place, mainly on the adult clothing. The nightshirts are now $7.99 ($9.99 yesterday). There is a nice selection of adult t-shirts for $5.99. I bought Stitch's Surf Shop, Pirates of the Caribbean and a Mickey ringer t-shirt. There were also a couple of styles marked down to $3.99. The baseball type jersey shirts are $7.99 and the men's polo shirts are now $9.99. A word of caution on the polo shirts. The ones I bought seemed to run small and I had to return them today.
The mugs and small snowglobes were $3.99 and what was left of the large snowglobes was $29.99. Prices were lower on some of the plush with a large selection now priced at $5.99.
Did not notice any new markdowns on children's items. They all still seemed to be the same price as earlier in the week.

The men's polo shirts definitely do run small. I bought DH 2 for Father's day. Unfortunately he took the tags off the first one before he tried it on so I'll give that one to ds and return the other. I paid $14.99 and thought I got a good deal, now they're $9.99.

Originally posted by DisneyMomx7
The men's polo shirts definitely do run small. I bought DH 2 for Father's day. Unfortunately he took the tags off the first one before he tried it on so I'll give that one to ds and return the other. I paid $14.99 and thought I got a good deal, now they're $9.99.

Yep,
We packed light for our trip to Las Vegas two weeks ago and found a couple of the nice polo shirts at the DS in The Forum Shop.

They fit great while I was there but they shrunk up just enough after washing them back home...I can't wear them now.

Originally posted by jiminy14
Just got back from my local DS. Some more markdowns have taken place, mainly on the adult clothing. The nightshirts are now $7.99 ($9.99 yesterday). There is a nice selection of adult t-shirts for $5.99. I bought Stitch's Surf Shop, Pirates of the Caribbean and a Mickey ringer t-shirt. .

If these are the same t-shirts that were $7.99 earlier this week, I'm going to have to make a trip back there and return the ones I bought or get a price adjustment.
I might have to go anyways - I was thinking about getting a nightshirt and decided against it for 9.99, for $7.99 I may just have to!:p

Be prepared for "the new policy" on the price adjustments. I went in yesterday for the same thing and she said that she did not think they can do it anymore on a sale item that is reduced even more. She could not find where it was written so she went ahead and gave it to many anyway.

If I am in the store and I see something has went down even more I might just buy it again and return the other w/ the original reciept the next time I am in. I have been going in quiet often so it is not anymore trouble. Mainly on things that are over a week since I bought them. The adjustments are only on items that are within the week.

That is what I always thought I did when I got discount credit. Returned the original item and then repurchase it at the discounted price. What is the point in them changing their policy when you can do that and it isn't against the rules. Guess they just want to keep things interesting for us-
ANYWAY- all these TDS store sale alerts are costing me a fortune- I keep running down to TDS and buying stuff- HELP ME- I'm sick.:crazy:

I'm right there with ya. I've been going twice a week. Its so addicting but at least I'm getting most of my Christmas shopping done. That's the way I TRY to justify it...

I promised myself I was done with the Disney Store for a while, but then the prices had to go down again.... So now my DD15 now has new Eeyore pjs for her B'day, DMIL will be getting a Grumpy nightshirt (one for me also!), and of course I had to get a few of those 5.99 t-shirts. They didn't have the Lizzie sandals in my DD11's size- 2/3, otherwise I would have bought those also. I could spend all day in that store....too bad I spent all my $ there already.

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not but the bubble blowers were $5.99 and the girls tanks and matching shorts that were $4.99 earlier last week were $3.99 each.

BTW I did ask for a price adjustment yesterday and she made a big deal out of saying that it was a one time price adjustment. :rolleyes: I think I will just rebuy and return from now on::yes::

Just say no....................I too have been in my disney store 1 or 2 times a week, the price on the snowglobes is to good!!!! also the t-shirts for 5.99. waiting for the small 4th of July themed snow globe to come down in price was still14.99. I have spent some of my disney dollars was saving for trip!

I went a bit nuts too.

I wouldn't buy myself a Tshirt at WDW in April because there wasn't anything I liked enough to spend $19 on.....but I was happy to spend $9.99 on the "share the magic" T with my favorite Pooh characters!!! lol

I also did a bunch of Christmas shopping.

Karen

I just looked at the back of my receipt regarding price adjustments and it does state, "within 7 days and a one time adjustment."

I just visited again yesterday. Had to get the Mickey Hooded Sweat Jacket. The just sold out online and I had to have one. Also got the mickey t-shirt for 7.99. Too cute to pass down.

I really need to stay away...I'm on a first name basis with some of the CM. I should actually get a job there. You get a 20% store discount and 50% off at resorts. One CM just returned from WDW and was telling us about his perks. I'm so jealous...

That's what we were told. The CM stated he got 50% off a moderate resort. Now I didn't ask if he had to go certain times of the year or anything...guess I should have...

If the store was closer to me, I'd get a job there for a couple of days a week when my DD goes to school...

My mom's thinking about putting in an application there now. She's a lot closer...GO MOM...

CM's do get 50% off the rooms at WDW but it is limited to availability. That means that you may want AKL but you will have to take the Contemporary. It all depends on where they have rooms. You can also get your discount on rooms for family and friends that are travelling with you. You just need to show your ID when they check in. Again, there is a limit on the number of rooms and times per year that you can do this.
One downside is that in the past few years TDS has changed its vacation policy. There are a lot of blackout dates where you are not allowed to take vacation. Basically any time between October and the middle of January is blacked-out. You must also get permission from your SM and make sure that no one else is requesting time off at the same time. The first one or two people to request that time are the ones that usually get it. You are also limited as to the length of your vacation. You cannot be gone for more than 9 days. This change in policy is the primary reason I left the company.

Im not so sure if this board is good for my wallet or not LOL!!!!! I went out tonight after seeing on the board the sales at the DS and boy they were too good to pass up. I even bought some shirts that I am gonna use as souvenir gifts for when we come home............IE we are going to disney in a few weeks............Im sure you cant touch t-shirts for 5.99 at the WDW or mugs for 3.99 so I got thrifty and decided i am pre-buying gifts..........nifty thinking ha and less to lug back on plane, hoping I will give you all an idea as well.

Also had to hit K-mart today and buy that dang brita water bottle, my k-mart said 5.00 clearance so I was bummed but it rang up only 3.00 at register, I may go back and get some filters....Plus BF gave me an idea.......only buy one filter bottle and pour filtered in another bottle to save on buying lots but I may go back and get one more and some filters, dont wanna lose it!!!!!!

I went back today and bought the Mickey t-shirt called Dad Hawaiin tee (it's white with picture in light brown/tan hues, Mickey with a surf board, says Island Retreat on the bottom). It rang up 3.99. It was with the 5.99 t-shirts today and with the $9.99 t-shirts at a different store, no signage saying it was $3.99 ;)
Also bought a couple of those little light up fans for 50% off (2.50 each) for our trip:cheer2:

We popped in quickly today (youngest DD had $5.00 and it was burning a whole in her pocket! :rolleyes: ) I found Grumpy short pjs with a tank shirt for $7.99 (older DD bought one for herself too! Eegads! :earseek: We'll match!!:crazy: ). Youngest DD was going to buy a med size Pluto for $5.99 (yep! I added a dollar!;) ). As we were checking out, the CM asked me if we were interested in the HUGE Tigger or Eeyore for $5.99! :jumping1: My oldest DD grabbed the tigger for herself and the med size Pluto went back on the shelf to be replaced my the huge Eeyore (the ones that go for $42.99!)::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter