DS in 10-12Lab while DH & I at Western ports

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
3 of us were talking last night and since DH & I want to visit a few of the bars on Key West & Cozumel told DS we'd feel more comfortable if he was in the 10-12Lab while we are off the ship.
DS thought he'd have full use of the Lab if he didnt want to do the planned activities. Told him not so.
Have your kids ever used the Lab while in the Western ports? Did they enjoy the activities? Or is it better to make him come with us?

When the kids are in the programming they need to be doing whatever is scheduled for that programming time. The counselors need to keep track of them and they can't have them running off doing their own thing.

Keep in mind that if you leave him on the ship he will be able to check himself out of the programming, since he is old enough.

I don't think a child would have any fun visiting bars, though. When we did Key West my DH took my DD to the aquarium for a bit while I shopped. We all went back to the ship in the afternoon and just did things there. In Cozumel we did the Fury Catamaran as a family.

I don't think kids are allowed in bars. I don't know for sure but I would think at least in key west it would be frowned upon, and I would be hesitant to expose (expose being the key word here) my son to sites such as carlos and charlies in Cozumel.
In the 10-12 groups I noticed from the navigators that there is less organized activities and more "hanging in the lab time" which my DS is happy about. He likes the computers and playstation. Maybe you could look at the navigators and schedule your bar time around activites he is interested in or when it is just hanging in the lab time. Dave has fairly new navigators for that age group on his website. www.dcltribute.com

Hey imgoingtodisney.

DH & I want to visit a few of the bars on Key West & Cozumel

So many of your posts are devoted to avoiding calories while cruising. Alcohol has a lot of calories AND it can get you pregnant (again)...

Dont worry BD - I cant get pregnant
And Ive only had a few drinks over my weight loss journey. I go more for atmosphere than actually to slam them down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter