Dry Dock ????

DonnettaR

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what time The Magic will get into Norfolk? Is anyone going to welcome her into port? What is the link for the webcam? Thanks.

sdptalk said:
Hurray for the lifejacket change :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc

So no one else will have to read 35 posts to find out: :goodvibes

There was one other change Tom McAlpin announced on the Eastbound Repositioning Cruise - they are going to replace all of the uncomfortable life jackets with approved life jackets that are less bulky around the neck and throat. He had Cruise Director Rachael model one as part of his presentation. The jacket looked like fewer people would feel like they were being strangled. He said that the uncomfortable life jackets and the life boat drill had been an area of dissatisfaction for passengers and crew for quite a while.

LOL! :rotfl2: Sorry. I guess I lost myself in the excitement of knowing that the lifejackets would no longer be like wearing a neck brace.

Sandy :teeth:

I am not going to get to excited about the lifejackets until I see them or read other posts about them.. They certainly could not be any worse I dont think... :)

Any news on The Magic's arrival time? When is the first cruise after the dry dock scheduled?

She's not here yet. I drove through the tunnel past the shipyard at 3:00 this afternoon and there was no Magic... :confused3

Cheryl

GreatDaneMom said:
She's not here yet. I drove through the tunnel past the shipyard at 3:00 this afternoon and there was no Magic... :confused3

Cheryl

Well she has to drop this group of passengers off at Port Canaveral and then head for Norfolk. Please keep us posted on any Magic sightings. My daughter and I are getting goosebumps thinking about all of the people who will see her unexpectedly on her way to Norfolk. Just how cool is that? :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

It is a treat to unexpectedly run across the Disney ships. Last Fall I was driving my then 9 yo DD to school when all of a sudden we looked towards the shipyard and there sat the Disney Wonder in all her glory. Talk about a magic moment!!!! :flower: DD was delighted. What she didn't know was that she would be taking her first cruise on the Wonder just a few months later. I had already booked it and it was soooo hard to keep myself quiet that day.

Cheryl

I just moved to Florida from Virginia Beach. That is one thing I will miss this year.... seeing my ship near my home. Blow her a kiss for me. By the way Great Dane Mom, where in VB do you live? I lived in Christopher Farms off of Holland Road. I miss VB very much.

Magic has arrived for drydock! :banana: DH just called me and said he saw her in the shipyard on his way to work. We'll take good care of her during her stay in our area and send her back to all of you very soon. Our local TV stations are WAVY, WVEC, and WTKR in case any of you want to watch their websites for possible news coverage. I'll try to give you all a heads-up if I see anything.

Skycon, we live near Mt. Trashmore. Sorry you left the area but you can always come back and see us. ;) Enjoy your time in Florida. At least you're closer to Disney!! :)

Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter