Drury opening on Buena Vista

aimphill

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any idea when the Drury on Buena Vista is going to start taking reservations. I saw an article from pre-Covid saying this spring. I’m assuming things have been delayed. I called the chain and the receptionist could not tell me. Anyone live close by that’s seen things in the works or have an update? TYIA

Does anyone have any idea when the Drury on Buena Vista is going to start taking reservations. I saw an article from pre-Covid saying this spring. I’m assuming things have been delayed. I called the chain and the receptionist could not tell me. Anyone live close by that’s seen things in the works or have an update? TYIA
That's that thing they are building across from the Double Tree.

Last time I saw it in March it didn't look close to finished

Thank you. That’s helpful. I figured they’d gotten significantly delayed due to Covid.

Thank you. That’s helpful. I figured they’d gotten significantly delayed due to Covid.

Yeah, I had a good look at it for about 25 minutes because there was a LYNX bus stop in front of the Double Tree and I was waiting for the bus for a while. I didn't know what it was but it looks like a huge resort.

According to Visit Florida in March:

• Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Disney Springs opens in spring 2021; the first phase of the 604-room project will include 264 guest rooms.

The Disney Springs Hotel website doesn't even list them anymore which seems unusual if it were doing the partial opening this spring. My guess is they are speeding up the renovation part while it has been empty. Makes sense at this point to wait until it is ALL done.

The plan was a 2 or 3 part plan with the old tower being renovated after the new tower was done. Perhaps the closure of the last year changed that timeline. It was a partial opening this spring with it fully open at end of year.

They have until June 20 to meet that report. With a big renovation, delays can happen.

I think it will be very popular place to stay with the free breakfast and evening kickback.

They have until June 20 to meet that report. With a big renovation, delays can happen.

I think it will be very popular place to stay with the free breakfast and evening kickback.

Spring is from March 20th to June 20th.
So opening in Spring seems unlikley.

Spring is from March 20th to June 20th.
So opening in Spring seems unlikley.

I agree. Honestly it makes more sense for them to wait until they are done both the towers - then hire the staff and fully open. This hotel will be their largest to date and I think they will want to make a big opening out of it. It just makes more sense to open it with all the bells and whistles ready to go then a partial/construction zone. Their main promise was open by end of 2021 and they can still make that.

If that was the construction in Disney Springs we saw, it looked far from finished. We love Drury Hotels, so I would love if it was finished by our November trip!

I do think I will give Drury Inn a try when they build this even though I'm a Hilton Honors and Choice member and use those hotels to rack up points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter