• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drop-off or Park

NCConch

DIS Veteran
When we sail in Dec out of PC on a 3 night trip, will it be better to be dropped off/picked-up by someone at the port or park for the four days? We sail on Dec 26 and will spend Christmas with my parents in Ponce Inlet just south of Daytona. My son uses a wheelchair so we generally end up with a good parking spot. If we need to, we can get by with a standard spot.

Like many places, has anyone noticed if the handicapped spots all get filled up?

Thanks!

NCConch said:
When we sail in Dec out of PC on a 3 night trip, will it be better to be dropped off/picked-up by someone at the port or park for the four days? We sail on Dec 26 and will spend Christmas with my parents in Ponce Inlet just south of Daytona. My son uses a wheelchair so we generally end up with a good parking spot. If we need to, we can get by with a standard spot.

Like many places, has anyone noticed if the handicapped spots all get filled up?

Thanks!

We have done both. Personally, I think the parking charge for a short cruise is worth it. And you can still pull up and unload everyone (including a wheelchair) and head to the terminal while the driver parks. We did this and my husband made it through security upstairs after parking at the same time as my two kids and I made it up the escalator. It was perfect. If you need assistance with the wheelchair, though, then go ahead and park. I've read posts saying there is always plenty of handicapped parking available. Happy cruising!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter