Drop AK FPs? I Can't Pull the Trigger

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I have morning FPs at AK beginning at 9:10 AM. This is a last(ish) minute trip and I haven't been able to get a FP for Flight of Passage. My plan is to be at security before it opens on a morning EMH day and be at the front of the pack headed there. I'll be both solo and bagless, which I know from experience is a huge advantage. This will be a commando morning, I have other times set aside for smelling the roses :)

I'm thinking I could dump my AK FPs and use them for my afternoon at EPCOT but I need to decide! If I use my FastPasses I'll finish oneish. Do you think I'd be done before then doing standby? I plan on riding Everest as a Single Rider.

Can anyone tell me how their EMH morning at AK went with no FastPasses? I have pretty much zero chance of picking up new ones at AK if I dump them but it would be great if I could use them at Epcot instead. Availability at EPCOT is still okay but not wide open.

These are my FastPasses:

IMG_2143.PNG

And here's the current availability at AK

IMG_2142.PNG

Thanks!

You can drop those. It sounds like you know what you're doing and have advantages for FOP. then you can hit Navi with not much wait. EE single rider should be no problem. Are you gonna try for Safari as well?

you can always keep your Navii River and drop the other two. When you tap for Navii you can start searching for Epcot immediately. I dont think you need the FPs for Dinosaur or FOTLK

What would you get FP for at Epcot? I’d assume it’s too late for FEA. TT you can single rider. So aside from Soarin and Character Spot I think everything else at Epcot you could get after your AK ones.

Thanks for the replies!

You can drop those. It sounds like you know what you're doing and have advantages for FOP. then you can hit Navi with not much wait. EE single rider should be no problem. Are you gonna try for Safari as well?

Nope, no Safari. I'm not really much of an animal person and have ridden the Safari many, many times. This is a shortish trip before I spend three months as full time babysitter for our first grandchild! I'm really excited to do this but know I'll be tied down for a while. The baby is due January 23 and I'll be living with my son and DIL in Austin from March (when mama goes back to work) until June 1 when my teacher DS gets out of school for the summer. I'll have another afternoon/evening at AK with no big plans except walking around and seeing the park after dark.

you can always keep your Navii River and drop the other two. When you tap for Navii you can start searching for Epcot immediately. I dont think you need the FPs for Dinosaur or FOTLK
I'd like to pick up Soarin' and am concerned about it booking up before 9:10 day-of. Since they're both Tier 1 I'll need to pick one.

What would you get FP for at Epcot? I’d assume it’s too late for FEA. TT you can single rider. So aside from Soarin and Character Spot I think everything else at Epcot you could get after your AK ones.

I am looking 90% for Soarin'Both it and FEA were still available yesterday but I have a Frozen FastPass on another day.

I still haven't cancelled but am definitely leaning toward:
-rope drop (I'll be at the front) FoP and Navi
-ride Dinosaur standby
-ride Everest (single rider)
-see 10:00 Lion King show standby

I could drop Dinosaur if the timing isn't working out. Pandora and FotLK are a must.

Thanks again! I'm planning this super last minute (for me, anyway) and appreciate the input.

One thought. You're not going at a particularly busy time, so there may be some FP+ flexibility. As soon as you tap through for your FP+ at Navi, you could try to move your FoTLK up to the 10 AM show. Navi is a very short ride, so the time would work. If you can do that, then as soon as you tap in for FoTLK, then try to move your Dinosaur ride earlier. That shouldn't be hard to do and would finish off your three FP+ probably around 11, if it works out. Then, if you're inclined and you want to try to do FoP, try for a fourth FP+ there and just keep constantly refreshing the screen. That's how I got our FoP FP+ a week ago. We had done three FP+ and, while we were eating at Flame Tree Barbecue, I just kept refreshing the screen, and a FP+ for FoP popped up for a half hour from then. It's somehow easier to get a FP+ for FoP on the same day than it is to get in advance for some reason. If you don't get one within a reasonable time for you, then you can move on to get FP+ at Epcot. Again, if you don't see what you want the first time, keep refreshing the screen. I was able to get FEA, Test Track, and Soarin' as extra FP+ last week by refreshing the screen til I got what I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter