drop a week from Galloway plan?

Ronda93

DIS Veteran
I want to run the WDW marathon in January. I've done two half marathons (last year's Donald and St Louis in April). I will use the Galloway "to finish" plan, but want to make one change.

A local half marathon on October 16. On the plan that's a 5 mile day. If I remove one of the taper weeks in December it drops the 17 miler into the half marathon weekend. Perfect.

Has anyone use a shorter than planned taper on this Galloway plan?

I've been running 18 months. My weekly mileage is currently 15. I plan to stay at that level and enter the plan in week 7 or 9.

What does WISH think?

Ronda

I want to run the WDW marathon in January. I've done two half marathons (last year's Donald and St Louis in April). I will use the Galloway "to finish" plan, but want to make one change.

A local half marathon on October 16. On the plan that's a 5 mile day. If I remove one of the taper weeks in December it drops the 17 miler into the half marathon weekend. Perfect.

Has anyone use a shorter than planned taper on this Galloway plan?

I've been running 18 months. My weekly mileage is currently 15. I plan to stay at that level and enter the plan in week 7 or 9.

What does WISH think?

Ronda

Ronda you will be fine doing that.... Look at this line up and see how you like it. I dropped the 23 and 26 mile runs and put in two 20 miles… I also added the 17 where the original 20 was located.
13,5,6,17,6,6,20,6,7,20,10,6,marathon
By dropping one of the taper weeks off the schedule I would not attempt a 26 mile training run. If you are nervous about the mental side of the 20+ run make the last run 23 miles…but listen to your body and cut it off a little early if needed.

Thanks Charles. That looks good.

I am hoping to wait on the registration until late fall. I like the day-in-the-park reward, but don't want it to work too well for Disney.

Ronda

I agree with the Coach. I have been following Galloway's plan for years, one year modifying it for the NYC marathon. My general advice is to get up to 20-23 miles, while still giving yourself 2 weeks of taper. I have done that and successfully completed the marathon. Just don't make any extreme mileage jumps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter