Driving to start from Disney resort vs. Taking Bus

XoxoAmy

Attends every runDisney weekend
I will have a car onsite for the first time during W&D this year (same for every other runD weekend in 2022-23). I think I'm planning to drive to the races instead of waiting for bus, so I can control the timing a bit. And I suppose leaving stuff in the car will be a good thing? Other pros/cons to this? WWYD?

Staying at Saratoga Springs for W&D; Grand Floridian for Marathon weekend (just doing half - I think I can/should take monorail, right?); Old Key West for Princess; Swan Reserve (or Coronado Springs) for Spring Surprise...

For the W&D half - the road you would take into Epcot (Epcot Center Drive) will be closed Sunday morning so you will have to take Buena Vista Drive to World Drive. The closer you get to 4:00 AM, the more the traffic will be backing up getting into Epcot, so plan accordingly.

We drove ourselves to the 10k for SS and I was not excited about how long the walk was back to the car when we were done; the busses were significantly closer. If the weather looked rainy/cold I would drive just so I could stay in a warm place longer, otherwise I would just take the bus.

I drive to the races. I get there around 3am. That way there is no stress caused by traffic. Unless, you are on an early one, busses also get stuck in traffic or, heaven forbid, lost. Once I am parked, I set the alarms on my watch and phone and take a nap. I don’t mind the walk back to the car as that is my cool down.

I drive to the races. I get there around 3am. That way there is no stress caused by traffic. Unless, you are on an early one, busses also get stuck in traffic or, heaven forbid, lost. Once I am parked, I set the alarms on my watch and phone and take a nap. I don’t mind the walk back to the car as that is my cool down.

Ditto everything that @Popo said!

And if the weather isn't ideal (cold, warm, wet, etc.), you have a comfortable place to hang out. Once you are off the bus, you are 100% at the mercy of the weather.

I drove for the first time this past MW and I don't plan to go back to using the buses any time soon. I liked having my car there so I could take a little nap before and even after the full the walk back was a nice way to stay lose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter