Driving to Disney for Christmas week - Drive to parks or use the buses?

kevind2112

Mouseketeer
Hey all,

We're driving to Disney World for Christmas week. We're staying at All-Star Sports. We'll be arriving on December 23 and spending the week. We're trying to decide if we should drive to the parks during our stay, or just relying on shuttle buses (or even Uber!)

Normally we don't mind taking the shuttle buses to and from parks, it's actually part of the experience for us. But, I can imagine the wait times for them is going to be nuts that week. It's also nice not having to worry about driving, just leave the car parked for the week and let Disney take care of us.

On the flip side, traffic will probably be a nightmare, as will parking at the parks, so are we really saving any time or headache by driving?

I'm not sure there is a "correct" answer here, but I'm looking for opinions.

Thanks!

Although I don't have any experience with going to WDW Christmas week, my instinct is to take the bus and not deal with traffic. Don't buses use a separate lane to enter the parks? That would certainly save time versus having to wait in a long line of cars waiting to enter.

Thanks guys. I was leaning towards just using the busses. I have no desire to drive in that traffic if it's going to be that bad. I AM on vacation after all! :)

Don't buses use a separate lane to enter the parks? That would certainly save time versus having to wait in a long line of cars waiting to enter.
Yes, there are separate lanes in many areas of WDW that buses take advantage of to avoid traffic jams.

bus service when possible. Keep in mind that all local residents are also on vacation, and out on the roads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter