Driving Oshawa to Fort Wilderness

Kris2019

Earning My Ears
hi everyone,

We are driving from Oshawa at the end of April to Fort Wilderness fora week. For those of you who have travel trailers where did you stop along the way? We will have one driver only and a 5 year old so I think the two day drive will be too much. Thoughts suggestions routes? We want to avoid the mountains with the travel trailer.

I've never driven from Oshawa. I have driven from Kitchener 5 times or so now.
We've only taken the 401 down to Detroit and then taken the I75 Straight on down. It would probably be a bit of extra time for you, but you miss the mountains in WV. HOWEVER, I am not sure there is a way to miss mountains completely if you're driving. I75 goes through the mountains in Tenn. They're fairly mild for the most part though.

hi everyone,

We are driving from Oshawa at the end of April to Fort Wilderness fora week. For those of you who have travel trailers where did you stop along the way? We will have one driver only and a 5 year old so I think the two day drive will be too much. Thoughts suggestions routes? We want to avoid the mountains with the travel trailer.

We've driven from Whitby and taken the 77/79 route. We have never done the 75 but most Walmart parking lots will allow you to stop for the night if you plan to use the trailer. If you want a hotel, lots of people stop about Knoxville or push to Atlanta to have a shorter drive the next day. April should be decent weather, our stops always depended on how long it took us to get out of the snowbelt. We find gas cheaper the more south we go.

From Oshawa to Disney, the Detroit route adds 150km but only about an hour travel time, so it’s an option at least worth considering.

Pros: Less mountainous and windy with a travel trailer.
Cons: Detroit and Atlanta with a travel trailer.

There’s a few ways to go to Florida from GTA but whichever you pick, you lose on time/distance, windiness, or traffic. No one way wins it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter