driving myself crazy with resort choice

Ros4

Earning My Ears
I hate how I constantly go back and forth between staying at the POFQ or staying at the Wilderness Loge. We have stayed visited WDW 4 times, two times we stayed at WL and 2 times we stayed at POFQ. This time I am driving myself secretly insane. The last time we went was two summers ago and stayed at the POFQ, we decided that instead of spending the extra money on a room at the WL, we would stay 9 nights. We had a great time but it was HOT ! We came back and rested every afternoon. So, this time around I booked WL for 6 nights in August. Now, knowing that it will be hot, I like how close we will be to Magic Kingdom. As, I know we will go back for a rest. Also, due to fish and shellfish allergies, we tend to try to avoid restaurants that serve alot of it. We will do Hoop de Doo Review ( close to WL ) and Wispering Canyon ( again WL) and breakfast at Chef Mickeys ( close to WL compared to PFQ). Of course we will do the other parks and a couple other restaurants but I thought the WL being close to some restaurants, and MK would ultimetly save us some time moving around. My husband doesnt care where we stay, dd15 wants the WL but my DS8 LOVES the FQPO because of the alligator statues. I go back and forth everyday wondering if I should stay at POFQ. I know for sure if a discount comes out for August, I will no longer waver on my decision. Am I the only crazy indesisive planner out there? Truly driving myself nuts!!!:rotfl:

You are not alone.
I waited too long and now cannot get into my #1 choice. I don't even have a #2 because I was "so sure" #1 was perfect. Yah. I hear your sorrows and can relate.
Wherever you end up, it'll be glorious!

I think your reasons for choosing WL are good ones - it will be HOT in August and you will have an easier time moving around the MK area with the WL. Plus I actually enjoy the boat across Bay Lake any time - and even in August - thankfully the boat dock on the MK side is covered. The WL is nice and dark and cool when it is so sunny outside - plus no going around the resort outside to get to your room.

Anyway - have a great trip! One of the things I like about WDW in August is the icy cold buses - so wherever you end up you'll have some cool spots! You can always visit POFQ to see the statues if you want to - have some beignets and head back to the WL!

I hate how I constantly go back and forth between staying at the POFQ or staying at the Wilderness Loge. We have stayed visited WDW 4 times, two times we stayed at WL and 2 times we stayed at POFQ. This time I am driving myself secretly insane. The last time we went was two summers ago and stayed at the POFQ, we decided that instead of spending the extra money on a room at the WL, we would stay 9 nights. We had a great time but it was HOT ! We came back and rested every afternoon. So, this time around I booked WL for 6 nights in August. Now, knowing that it will be hot, I like how close we will be to Magic Kingdom. As, I know we will go back for a rest. Also, due to fish and shellfish allergies, we tend to try to avoid restaurants that serve alot of it. We will do Hoop de Doo Review ( close to WL ) and Wispering Canyon ( again WL) and breakfast at Chef Mickeys ( close to WL compared to PFQ). Of course we will do the other parks and a couple other restaurants but I thought the WL being close to some restaurants, and MK would ultimetly save us some time moving around. My husband doesnt care where we stay, dd15 wants the WL but my DS8 LOVES the FQPO because of the alligator statues. I go back and forth everyday wondering if I should stay at POFQ. I know for sure if a discount comes out for August, I will no longer waver on my decision. Am I the only crazy indesisive planner out there? Truly driving myself nuts!!!:rotfl:

No, you're not the only crazy indecisive person out there, but since you've been to both places, I would just stick with your first choice. Obviously, you put a lot of thought into it, and the only reason you've listed behind switching is that your 8 year old likes it better.
I expect there's also an underlying budget issue, but ultimately you won't know that answer until the discounts for August are released.

We have several favorites so we take turns with which resort we stay at each time. Weather is also a factor -- for August with the heat and humidity (and frequent afternoon downpours) I'd pick WL -- at least the walk to your room will be air conditioned and dry. ;)

I would go with WL for all of the reasons you stated! Its close to MK - with a boat that takes you there, great food options, and it just gives you a cozy feeling with the decor!

I bet wherever your family stays you will have a great time!

i chuckled to myself when i read your thread title. I have been obsessing over a resort for the past month or so and i am only looking for a 2 day stay before a cruise late November! We have stayed at POFQ and loved it. my son still talks about it and he was only 4yrs. I, too, have considered the WL, but am afraid of diving into the deluxe money just for a room. Having said that, however, i just spent the last 1/2 hour reading the GF thread and am now trying to justify a 2 day stay there! i am not sure i will decide any time soon!:confused3 Not really any help...I just thought you'd like company!

Every trip to Disney, I think I switched resorts about 95 times. Seriously. My first trip, I was booked at every Mod resort at some point. My second trip, I went back and forth between POR and POFQ (loved CSR, but wanted to try a different resort). For a trip I ended up cancelling in the fall, I switched back and forth between ASMu Family Suites and the FW Cabins. For my upcoming trip, I booked:

Doubletree DTD
ASMu Family Suites
2 rooms at Pop
AsMu Family Suites
2 rooms at Pop
AoA Lion King Suites
2 rooms at CSR
AoA Lion King Suites

Yep, I have a problem. BUT I have been booked at AoA Lion King Suites for about 2 weeks now and I'm excited and have no urge to switch.

We have stayed several past visits at FQ. DS12's last visit there was when he was 9. We have since in the past stayed at POLY, yet we hear how he misses FQ. So this trip we are doing a split between FQ and Poly. Personally I think he will have outgrown the pool area at FQ(little slide) but I was willing to do it, only young once...

Why not do a split stay????? :confused3

Are the boats air conditioned? The ones I was on were not. In fact we were on one last June on a very hot afternoon and I was literally sick from the heat sitting on it. I would rather wait a few minutes and get on a cold bus and stay at POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter