Driving from East Tennessee - Do you take I75 or cut across to I95?

peg2001

<font color=FF6600>Can drive DH away with a banana
I love the detailed information on driving I95 on The DIS at http://www.wdwinfo.com/transportation/Driving_to_florida.htm

Curious as to whether most people who drive from or pass through East Tennessee take I-75 all the way down or if you cut across and use I-95 into Florida?

Would be great if anyone had detailed driving info for I-75! This is the route we will probably take.

Peggy

We dont' pick up I-75 until Atlanta, but here is what we do to get to WDW.

We come out of Atlanta on I-75 S, then we take the Macon bypass, then back to I-75S.

We continue on I-75 through Florida till we reach Ocala, where we usually stop for the night at a Super 8 for $45.00.

We then get up at 5:00 am and continue down I-75 till we reach the Florida turnpike and continue on the Florida turnpike until we reach Florida highway 27S.

Highway 27S is a good 55 MPG four lane with a couple of lights, but flows really well at 6am :-)

We then turn onto 192 which is Irlo Bronson Highway in Kissimmee for about 5-6 miles to World Drive :-) I usually drop off the hubby and kids at Publix and go on to the resort and check in, then back to Publix to pick them up and off to the parks :-)

Take I-75, but avoid Atlanta from 6:30AM - 9:00AM and from 3:30PM - 7:30PM. (3:00PM - 8:00PM on Friday, 2:00PM - 9:00PM on a Holiday weekend Friday)

Also, there is road construction at Macon, GA which narrows 3 lanes down to one in several places. The construction cost us about an hour. The GA DOT website says the night construction starts at 9:00PM, but apparently the construction crews are on Atlantic Standard Time instead of Eastern Daylight Time, because we would have been through there long before 9:00PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter