Driving and charging electric cars to WDW

radev104

Mouseketeer
Hey all. This is going to be our first time driving our Tesla to WDW. We already have the route planned to get there but does anyone have any updates on whether or no there are chargers at any of the resorts. We will be staying at Sports this time. We do know there is charging at parks and DS and there are superchargers off property. Just wanted an update if anyone is there about chargers at resorts.

TIA.

Hey all. This is going to be our first time driving our Tesla to WDW. We already have the route planned to get there but does anyone have any updates on whether or no there are chargers at any of the resorts. We will be staying at Sports this time. We do know there is charging at parks and DS and there are superchargers off property. Just wanted an update if anyone is there about chargers at resorts.

TIA.

None at resorts.

The Universal hotels have chargers. Or rather, I should say, I know both HR and RP have chargers, and they are free for guests.

Four Seasons Orlando has 8 Tesla charging stations with Valet only. Although this is not a "real" Disney resort, it is closer to the parks than some of the Disney hotels.

TIA.
If I am not mistaken I think of the Disney owned hotels only the Wilderness Lodge has charging and there are 2 there. All the stations at Disney sites are ChargePoint. Then like PP said there is the theme park locations and the Tesla point chargers at the Four Seasons.

FYI Tesla has started construction of a new Supercharger at Four Corners - right across from Animal Kingdom. It’s located at the Wawa gas station.

If you have any electric car, you absolutely MUST use the Plugshare app. It lists ALL electric car chargers. You can access by the web, and even the Tesla web browser but the user experience isn’t as good as the app. (Plugshare.com)

For a short period of time, Plugshare let you filter by restaurants and hotels. It seems obvious to have but they removed that feature for some reason.

As you’ve noted, the parks have chargers and that was good enough for us in January. If you spend a full day in a park, you’ll leave with a full tank.

However, looking at Plugshare now, they seem to have chargers at Coronado Springs and Wilderness Lodge now.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/196695

https://www.plugshare.com/location/167568

Another bit of EV advice is that there are a number of difference charger networks. Each has their own memberships and costs. The ones at Disney are ChargePoint. You’ll want to get the access card and put $20 on your account. You can technically turn on a charger with the ChargePoint App, but you’ll want the tap card in case your phone (or the charger’s connection) isn’t working.

ChargePoint has the most coverage and the only one I have money with. However, I am signed up with all of them for emergencies (FLO, MyEVRoute, etc).

I’m on my third Tesla since 2014 and I’ve done many long distance road trips. I’ve been spoiled with free Supercharging and haven’t paid for gas in 5 years. There really is no going back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter