Drive to which parks?

csmom

DIS Veteran
We will have a rental car with us at Disney for the first time in a long time. We will be staying at Saratoga Springs. I plan on taking the bus to Magic Kingdom as I'd rather not park at the TTC. Should we drive to the other parks? We do have hoppers, so seems like using the car will make hopping easier. Should we plan on driving to the other 3 parks? Will driving put us behind all the Bus/Skyliner guests at DHS? Any other things to consider about deciding whether to drive or bus?

We will have a rental car with us at Disney for the first time in a long time. We will be staying at Saratoga Springs. I plan on taking the bus to Magic Kingdom as I'd rather not park at the TTC. Should we drive to the other parks? We do have hoppers, so seems like using the car will make hopping easier. Should we plan on driving to the other 3 parks? Will driving put us behind all the Bus/Skyliner guests at DHS? Any other things to consider about deciding whether to drive or bus?
When we have a rental car we always drive to every park that is not accessible to us via monorail or skyliner. Parking at the TTC is no problem for us, but to each his own.

We avoid buses whenever we can- their timing is so irregular and if someone in a scooter needs to get on, that really slows everything down. We always used to rely on WDW transportation, supplemented by the occasional taxi or Minnie Van, until Covid happened. Since then we've used rental cars and now I doubt I'd ever go back to WDW without a car, especially since Magical Express has backed off managing your luggage. Being able to walk out of a park and simply hop into the car, with no wait for a bus, is something we've definitely gotten used to in the two trips we've taken since reopening.

One advantage of driving is that you don't have to wear a mask while you drive. You will always have to stay masked while on WDW transportation. And obviously when in your own car, you won't be in an enclosed space with strangers, so it's safer, too.

Last edited:
Should we plan on driving to the other 3 parks?
Yes, driving to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom will be quicker than waiting for a bus. Disney Transportation will be quicker to Magic Kingdom. Walking would likely be quickest to Disney Springs, since you're at Saratoga Springs..

I’d definitely drive to the other 3 parks from Saratoga, especially these days.
I’d imagine it would be much faster.

If staying at Saratoga Springs, the Congress Park area is within walking distance of Disney Springs.

I plan on taking the bus to Magic Kingdom as I'd rather not park at the TTC. Should we drive to the other parks?
We much prefer to drive to the non-MK parks. Advantage is your car goes when you are ready to go. No waiting for the next bus or two.

We always have our car with us as we drive down from Ga. We park it at the resort and don't get in it again unless we are doing a split stay and then it's just to move to the second resort. In over 38 years of going to WDW we have driven to a park exactly 3 times. The first time we were staying off site so had to drive (the one and only time we stayed off site). The other two times were during split stays and it was moving day. We were up early, decided to go to AK and since it was so early just drove. We were moving to an Epcot resort and knew we would have to take a bus to AK, had already been to MK so decided what the heck. We left AK around 11:30 to go check into resort #2 and got to AK well before rope drop. Both times. Otherwise, it's WDW transportation for us all the time. We like to have a refreshing adult beverage and don't have to worry about driving after having one (or two).

When we have a rental car we always drive to every park that is not accessible to us via monorail or skyliner. Parking at the TTC is no problem for us, but to each his own.

We avoid buses whenever we can- their timing is so irregular and if someone in a scooter needs to get on, that really slows everything down. We always used to rely on WDW transportation, supplemented by the occasional taxi or Minnie Van, until Covid happened. Since then we've used rental cars and now I doubt I'd ever go back to WDW without a car, especially since Magical Express has backed off managing your luggage. Being able to walk out of a park and simply hop into the car, with no wait for a bus, is something we've definitely gotten used to in the two trips we've taken since reopening.

One advantage of driving is that you don't have to wear a mask while you drive. You will always have to stay masked while on WDW transportation. And obviously when in your own car, you won't be in an enclosed space with strangers, so it's safer, too.
We drive to every park.
We like having snacks in the car during a hop or a rest time we have full AC and food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter