Drive time Airport to Resort? Can we make it?

mketting

Mrs. Incredible
How long is the drive from the airport to WDW? If our plane lands at 4:47 could we check in at ASMO and make it to Ohana's for dinner at 6:30? Could we go straight to Ohana's and then check in?

Advice please.

I think that's cutting it too close. If you are getting a taxi and could go straight to Ohana (check in to ASMO after dinner) I think that's do-able.
We find it takes 30-40 minutes to get from the airport to Disney. Check-in is wildly variable anything from about 5 minutes to ??????? Then you have travel time ASMO-Poly. I haven't even factored-in if you are getting a rental car. :earsboy:

MIcca - you also forgot claiming any luggage. And with MCO that can take anywhere from 15 minutes to ??? I really think even heading straight to Ohana might not work. If the plane is on-time, you still have to de-plane, which if you're at the rear of the plane adds about 10 - 15 minutes to your time. Them make it through MCO, down to baggage claim, wait for your luggage, then deal with rental car people, you get the picture. You're probably looking not getting to WDW until about the time your reservation is at Ohana. Personally, I'd move it to 7:30 to give yourself some wiggle room. This way, if things are working right, you'll have time to go to your hotel (ASMo) and get checked in and settled. If not, you can head straight to Ohana and check-in at ASMo later. There's less chance you'd miss a 7:30PS than a 6:30 one.

I could do it. I find that with either National or Hertz and SW I am at Disney within an hour of landing.
One of the tricks is to have a rental car deal that skips the line something like Hertz Gold or EA.

If one of us gets the bags and the other checks in for the rental car and we went straight to Ohana's could we make the 6:40 reservation?

We can generally get our bags, rental car (I get the car while the family gets the bags) and get to the front desk of our Disney resort in an hour. I use Budget Fastbreak.

DVC-Don said:
We can generally get our bags, rental car (I get the car while the family gets the bags) and get to the front desk of our Disney resort in an hour. I use Budget Fastbreak.

But without the parking permit from their resort, they would have a more difficult time getting through the MK parking and Polynesian guard. And if the plane is late (how many planes are on time???), you are cutting it even closer. How about a later time or another day?

And don't forget about the traffic on I-4 and the toll road.

I also can make it from the plane to the resort in an hour or less BUT I use Dollar Fastlane, and do not check any luggage. I am a minimalist packer and don't mind doing laundry once or twice during my stay, plus we tend to buy clothes for souvenirs anyway. I have not had problems with the guard at the security gate with or without my resort parking pass. I have only gotten a limited time parking pass.

Going directly to Ohana's and then checking in afterwards "may" give you fewer options when you check into your room. The best of whatever view you have may be gone or if there are problems with your room, you might have to wait a night to switch. It could depend on your choice - dinner the first night at Ohana's or the risk of not getting the room you might of if you checked in earlier.

That is really pushing it. Do you really want to start your vacation in a rush? It takes at least 1/2 hr. to get to WDW, then you need to allow time for baggage and getting the rental car. Someone could go get the car but there isn't any parking so you would need to keep circling the airport until they came out.

Deb & Bill said:
And don't forget about the traffic on I-4 and the toll road.

I have not used I-4 for years and have never had a traffic problem on 417.

I agree with several of the other posts. If all the planets are lined up you will be able to make it. But why start your vacation like this. Move it to 7:30 take your time and start to enjoy your vacation on the plane rather then worring about making it to dinner in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter