Drive or not Florence

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by c&k, Sep 14, 2018.

1. c&k

c&k Mouseketeer

We are supposed to get auto train from Lorton on Tuesday. It’s canceled because of the hurricane. We are in Philadelphia area. Is anyone driving down to Orlando. My husband thinking the roads will be a nightmare with everyone going back to the Carolinas after the storm. What do you think??

2. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

My bil was moved to a new train. Scheduled to leave two days later... for now, at least. He was told many people were added to his train and it will be mobbed. Hoping for the best.
    Next Tuesday?? They are saying that most people should not return for several more days.. it’s just a crapshoot all around.
    Whatever you decide... safe travels!!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. jtopp

jtopp driving the monorail in my dreams

By Tuesday, the storm should be in this area, so you should soon be out of the bad weather. Since I-95 is a north-south interstate, and a good distance from the coast, hopefully most of the traffic will be on local highways. Remember to take an emergency package with you, just in case. Good luck, and safe travels!

5. jeepnjudy

jeepnjudy DIS Veteran

tink1970 likes this.
  6. jtopp

jtopp driving the monorail in my dreams

Was not aware of the closure. Thanks for bringing it to everyones attention. Hope it is reopened in time for c&k's trip. Drive safely!

7. WishICouldSpeakWhale

WishICouldSpeakWhale Mouseketeer

Parts of 95 in NC are expected to be closed for at least a week. I would plan a different route from PA to FL.

8. jalapeno_pretzel

jalapeno_pretzel DIS Veteran

Yes, parts of I-95 are closed in SC as well. Several rivers are already at flood stage and will continue to rise through at least Tuesday. If you're going to drive, you will need to swing out way to the west, and come down through TN and GA probably. I would look into if you can get a flight.

9. tink1970

tink1970 DCL Platinum

I agree. Between road closures and supply limitations, I wouldn't consider driving right now.

10. jalapeno_pretzel

jalapeno_pretzel DIS Veteran

Here is NCDOT's suggested re-route ... So you're adding quite a bit of drive time, not to mention that route will have all it's normal traffic plus anyone else trying to make the North -> South drive.

"Travel is hazardous in North Carolina on all roads south of US 64 and east of I-73/74." GPS routing ppl into dangerous areas. Out of state drivers need to avoid, flooding is THAT bad

Attached Files: