Drive by baby shower - have you been to one?

I was invited to one for DD#2's BFF. I didn't go, mainly because I was only 4 days past my 2nd Covid shot, and neither BFF nor BFF's DH have been vaccinated. (She is hesitant because of being pregnant.) We sent her a couple of nice gits (a handmade crochted baby blanket in her nursery theme, and a playpen/bassinet off her wish list).

Friends of ours are hosting a drive-by wedding for their daughter two weeks from now. Our city is still under tight restrictions on gatherings, even outdoors. They live on a cul-de-sac that has a grassy island in the centre. Their neighbours have very graciously agreed to let guests use their driveways - two cars on each, which will be a total of 18.

The guests will arrive and situate their vehicles in the driveways facing outwards toward the centre. Everyone will stay in their cars and watch the bridal couple and the officiant do the ceremony which will be live-streamed to provide audio. When it's complete, the couple will move to the end of the cul-de-sac for the "receiving line" where each vehicle will drive by to wish them well and an adorable little basket with cake and punch will be given to them as they leave. No reception is permitted, either indoors or out.

:bride:Certainly not any bride's dream day but I like the ingenuity and their great attitudes. :goodvibes

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter