Drinking tap water in the resorts?

Rhonna

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We've always rented a frig. on our previous trips to WDW. Mainly because we really like ice cold drinking water. We stock up at a store before arriving at WDW so we don't have to pay for the bottled water.

I can't remember for sure if the water from the bathroom taps tastes/smells like sulphur. I know that when I filled the tub for a soak, even with nice smelling bubble bath I brought, the sulphur smell was overwhelming. (And this was at the GF.)

Do you drink the tap water in your room?

Rhonna

Welcome to the DIS, Rhonna! :wave:

The water at Disney isn't nearly as bad as it is here in Boston, but I still tend to get spring water rather than drink the tap water. Or, I get a Brita squeeze bottle and drink it through that. I'm a bit fussy about water, though :)

Karen

NO.

When we stayed in February at WL the tap water was undrinkable.

Perhaps it has something to do with the Magic Kingdom resorts?

I am also very fussy about water. I don't ever drink it. We also get a fridge and keep bottled water in it. We fill a bottle about half way and freeze it then fill it up with cold water from another bottle. It stays cold a long time even in July heat.

Rhonna:
We used bottled water almost exclusively during our trip. My kids do not drink soda, are BIG water drinkers and they all say Florida tap water tastes bad. We also used the Brita water bottles in the parks; we would fill them with bottled water before we left and then added ice as needed throughout the day (the filters worked great as you could not tell it was Florida ice/water :D ). It saved us from having to buy $3.50 bottled water (x 3 bottles because OF COURSE you can't share a bottle with a sibling and each had to have their own!).....that cost savings really adds up over the course of a trip.

I am not picky about water, and I hate the water at DW. Even water fountains have icky water. I stick to soda and juices.

Except to brush my teeth, I refuse to drink Disney Water. It is gross! We always bring bottled water.

We drink the Florida water-no problem. We start the day with a bottle of water and refill it from fountains, then throw it away towards the end of the day when we are tired of carrying the bottle. We like to use the water bottle strap that you can purchase at WDW. It's easy to carry in a pocket when not in use.

NO!

I had to take some medication with it the first night we stayed at the GF, but after that we made sure we kept bottled water in the room!!

It wasn't just WDW, we stayed off site too for 8 nights and the water everywhere tasted the same....awful!

Karen

NO, not ever.

DS 9 only drinks water and milk and is very fussy about water taste. We usually get the filtered ice from hotel ice machines, let it partially melt overnight and use it for our water bottles, and also refill with the ice. Then we buy bottled water.

The regular tap water we can't even use to brush teeth, much less drink.

Thanks!

I didn't think the tap water was going to work for us. Guess we will be renting the refrigerator at the resort again.

Rhonna

I drank the water only of it was very cold--ie, if I ordered ice water at a restaurant I was ok, but not tap water otherwise, even for taking medicine.

At home I drink tap water and actually prefer it to bottled water, but not in Orlando.

T&B

I got a chuckle out of this thread.:tongue: I was suprised at the answers!! I've never noticed a smell or problem w/the tap water. Of course,,i live in Florida,,so maybe thats why? Our water is probably as icky as the water at WDW,,only i'm used to it,so i don't notice it. Water is funny that way,,when we go to visit family in Atlanta,,i can't stand the water,,and they don't understand why!LOL. I guess i'm the lone tap water drinker.:wave2:

Sorry DisneyMin, I can't drink it either. It has so much sulfur in it. You probably can't smell it or taste it since it's all you've known. Plus I'm allergic to sulfur so thats not good either!:drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter