Dressing on Halloween

happiest in Disney

Mouseketeer
Hi..Iknow people dress up at MNSSHP but do people dress up on halloween if they are going to different parks that day?
WE are planning on the MNNSHP on the 26 but was wondering if on Halloween its festive in the other parks?:confused:

I never saw anyone dressed up except at the Halloween party. That was 6 yrs ago, may have changed.

While children are allowed to dress as their favorite characters year-round in all the parks, adults are discouraged from wearing costumes except for the MNSSHP event. In some cases, your costume may prevent you from being admitted into a park.

Originally posted by Safari Steve
While children are allowed to dress as their favorite characters year-round in all the parks, adults are discouraged from wearing costumes except for the MNSSHP event. In some cases, your costume may prevent you from being admitted into a park.

LOL - I took the Zurg cape to MGM to get a picture with Buzz & Woody after haloween. Had a blast with the street characters. I guess they knew who they could pick on.

Safari Steve,
Can you clarify which types of costumes you cant wear in? This has me very worried as my husband and I have spent about 400 dollars on our costumes.
We will be batman and super girl.
Thanks

Adults in any costume are not permitted into the parks during normal hours any day of the year.

During the MNSSHP event, adults may dress up, provided the costume is not gorey or obscene, and they don't look too much like any of our princesses.

If you show up to Epcot at noon on halloween day dressed as Batman and Supergirl, you may run into some difficulty.

My advice is to dress normally if you plan to spend most of your day in the parks. When it comes time for the Halloween party, head back to the hotel and change (you will need a break anyhow if you're going to party it up at MK).

THANK YOU!!!
We were only planning on wearing them to the halloween party. I was just concerned because of all of the talk on the boards that they wouldnt let him wear his mask!!! He is SO excited about it!!
Thanks for clarifying!!!
That is still a bummer for any adult that wanted to go as a princess!

Originally posted by Safari Steve
During the MNSSHP event, adults may dress up, provided the costume is not gorey or obscene, and they don't look too much like any of our princesses.

My question Steve is, since Maleficent is NOT a princess, I shouldn't be too concerned right? Even tho my costume is (by Disney's own admission) better than anything they have...? I've never had a problem in the past, but has this changed?

wow...I wasn't aware that if you looked too much like the princesses you wouldn't be allowed in...My family is dressing like Peter Pan, Capt Hook and I will be tinker bell....hopefully that will be ok....do you know where you can find out for certain...?Thanks ....
:confused:

The reason for the policy is to prevent security problems that could result from adults who look like our animated characters wandering about inside the park. During normal hours it is strictly enforced, however since people dress up for halloween, it is a little grayer during the MNSSHP event.
I am not an official company spokesperson, nor am I in charge of making decisions involving guest costumes. I don't want to give anyone the impression that their costume is A-OK if it won't be, so use common sense and discretion. My intent with the post was to let you all know so that you don't set yourself up for difficulties during your visit.

I've worn my Fairy Godmother costume into the MK with absolutely no problem. And I look a lot like the FG. I wore it in thru the gates once and also put it on during the day. CMs complimented me. Wore it all during the afternoon parade and after that and on into the night. No one said a word. to discourage it.

Not saying that everyone will have the same experience, or maybe things have changed, but my experience was just this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter