Dressing for Tropical Night

cinbis

Mouseketeer
I was planning to shop in St. Martin and purchase clothing for Tropical Night. Is this a good idea.....will the prices be reasonable? I don't think I'll have much luck finding that type of clothing in the local stores yet.

I did see some tropical wear in Sears and J.C. Penny already, but you probably could find some nice deals on St. Martin.

Tropical night is alot of fun. The whole ship gets into the spirit of things...even my three teens 18, 17, 13 wore their tropical duds!!!

MJ

Just curious...What if you can only get reservations at Palo on Tropical night, do you still have to dress up? :confused:

We're going to the mall tomorrow.....I'll take a look. I know my family won't wear that clothing after cruise so I don't want to spend a lot of money!

I'm glad to see you got the 2/23 thread going again.

I found a great shirt in St Martin to wear with black pants. It was under $12.
They had lots of shirts between $8-$15.
Our tablemates also found some great shirts on their excursions.

Linda

We had Palo ressies for Tropical night.
We dressed for Palo and had a wonderful meal. Then returned to our room and changed into our Tropical wear, since we had bought it for the cruise on a earlier trip to Hawaii.

But if you arent up for it you don't need to dress for it. We did go to our regular dinner seating to see our table mates and we had our pictures taken in the atrium with a tropical backdrop. But again, if you are only going to Palos don't worry about it, unless you want to.

Thanks Danica. I like what you did. If thats the reservation we get then we'll probably do that too. I don't mind dressing up for either option. Looking forward to the tropical night and the tropical weather!:sunny:

On the 7 day cruise, which night of the week is Tropical night? I think I'd rather avoid doing Palos that night.

Tropical Night is Tuesday.

To elaborate on what my wife (danicaw) said:

We had 6:00 reservations for Palo and we both dressed the way we would have dressed for Palo on any night. Then we went back to our room and changed into our tropical clothes, had some photos taken, then went to our regular dinner seating at 8:30 for an extra snack and dessert :)

I did see several people at Palo in tropical clothing. (A tropical shirt with a sport coat over it, for example.) I think classy tropical wear at Palo would probably be OK, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable going to Palo in my tropical clothes.

I brought along a pair of capris and figured I could find a blouse in St Maarten to go with it. There weren't many women's blouses to choose from, but tons of dresses! I wear a women's XL or 1X and was worried about selection, but there was plenty to choose from.

I ended up buying a pantsuit (actually pull-on pants with elasticized waistband and a blouse that I wore open with a tank top underneath). The outfit cost me $15 US and it worked wonderfully for tropical night.

Hi Cindy, We were out and about at the Manchester mall today. If you would feel better about having tropical clothing before the cruise, you may want to check some stores in the mall. JC Penny, Sears, Filene's and even TJ MAXX had some shirts for boys and men. I'm wearing a sundress . We may have even passed by you today and didnt even know it. Good luck.
Ellen :cool:

The open air market in St. Maarten is filled with tropical wear for under ten dollars if you bargain! They have great two piece outfits for the ladies and shirts galore for the guys. You can buy sun dresses, that have matching beach bags for $12. They make great pool coverups for later too. I bought a couple for gifts. Hundreds of booths and alot of the same merchandise at each so if you find that outfit you love, gp booth to booth to get the price you want. The selection this year and the material which was non wrinkle is the best I have seen yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter