Dress Cost

How much did you spend on your dress?

• Under $1,000

• $1,000 - $2,000

• $2,000 - $3,000

• $3,000 - $4,000

• More than $4,000

Results are only viewable after voting.
I agree with Ember. I bought my wedding dress #1.becuase it was $600 less then my other choice and #2. my mom is in love with it but I can honestly say that if I had the chance to exchange it and pay $600 more I would do it in a second. I find myself looking at mine and say love it, but it's not THE DRESS. I will always wish I went with the other one and can honestly say it's an upsetting feeling. If you have the time to save for the one you really want, DO IT! You will be glad you did!

Have you considered looking online for the dress or trying to (I know Bridal shops hate this phrase) comparison shop discreetly?

Maybe you could call a few bridal shops and say you saw this dress online or in a magazine and ask if they carry it? You may find that another shop may sell it cheaper.

Good luck in your search!

yeesh, that is a gorgeous dress! I can see your dilema! :rolleyes:

I'm budgetting $2000, but if I find THE dress, I will pay a bit more for it... Probably not $1000 more though...

From reading the comments, I felt like I was in the minority for spending less than $1000 on my dress.

You are not in the minority! My original budget was $200. I found my dress on eBay and won it for $48.25 plus shipping. Same dress at David's Bridal is $400. :cool1: I really wanted a Maggie Sottero, but the one I wanted to bid on ended while I was going to be out of town, so I went with the David's Bridal gown because I thought I'd get outbid on the Maggie. I just can't see spending tons of money on a dress I'll wear for a few hours.

The only problem was the seller said the dress was a misses, and it's a women's, so it's too big. But a lady I volunteer with had a seamstress come over and she's paying for the alterations, which will just be the side seams taken in and a simple bustle added.

At $50 for my dress, I won't freak if I slop food on it at the reception, LOL!

My initial budget was $500. I bought a dress for $499 on sale that I thought I loved. Turned out it wasn't the dress for me and I ended up buying a SECOND dress for $600, plus $400 in alterations. I obviously went WAY over my budget, but I loved my dress and was more comfortable in the final one than the original. I tried selling the original one online but ultimately ended up giving the original one to my BIL's fiance as a wedding present because she wasn't able to afford one on her own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter