dress code

disneydiva58

Dis Addicted Diva and DVC Member
Im sorry if this has been asked a million times but I keep getting conflicting responses.What is the dress code for dinners on the 3 night wonder cruise?What do the men usually wear? I know that jeans are allowed with a collared shirt, but are most of the men wearing dress pants ?We are packing for our 3 nite cruise for next week.Any help would be appreciated.

My DH will be wearing "Docker" style pants..He'll take one dark pair and one khaki pair. For tops it will be either button down or golf shirt style.

Night 1 - golf style w/ khaki pants (cruise casual)
Night 2 - Hawian style button down w/ khaki pants (Pirate Night)
Night 3 - Button down short sleeve white dress shirt and dark pants. (semi-formal)

Our DS (12) and our DNephew (12) will be wearing basically the same on each of the nights.

This is how I understand it to work now, it used to be by restaurant how you dressed. On our last cruise we had Tritons on the 1st night which was the most formal of the restaurants, DH wore a shirt and tie with dark slacks. We noticed such a wide variety of dress from cruise casual to really dressy. We decided that we would dress in what made us the most comfortable on our upcoming cruise. No matter what you choose, cruise casual to Jacket and Tie) you will fit right in. :)

We're much more casual, so opted for the above on our upcoming cruise.

disneydiva58 said:
What is the dress code for dinners on the 3 night wonder cruise?

Triton's used to request that jackets we worn. However, now the night, not the dining room, determines the attire.

Here's what the official DCL website says in the Onboard Dining FAQ.

What should I wear to dinner?

Dining Dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual" -- no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements. Here's a breakdown of these events by cruise itinerary.

On 3-night cruises:

• First night: cruise casual — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
  • Second night: pirate or tropical deck party
  • Final night: "dress-up night" — jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

On 4-night cruises:

• One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
  • One "dress-up night" — jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
  • Final night: cruise casual — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

On 7-night cruises:

• Three additional "cruise casual" nights — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
  • One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
  • One formal and one semi-formal night — formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

Dress for dinner at Palo on all cruises:

• Men: dress shirt or jacket
  • Women: dress or pantsuit

We just got back from the 3 day cruise and I don't know why I even worried about it. I could not believe how casual most were dressed. My husband wore casual pants and golf shirt every night, but the family dining next to us ~ the husband wore a baseball hat and shorts to dinner everynight (even at Tritons). So, I would not worry about it at all.

Thank you all so much.This is our first cruise so I really had no idea what to pack.I guess I was safe with khaki's and polo shirts for him.Thank You again!!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter