Dress Code ? From A Shorts & T-Shirt Girl

I suspect that sometimes people are rushing straight from a park across property to make an ADR. If you've just been on splash mountain and got stuck in lots of traffic while leaving a park, you could arrive for a signature meal looking a little frumpy. I think Disney is fairly lenient when it comes to dress codes. I personally like to go back to my room and shower and change clothes before a nice dinner. Sometimes, though, you may lose track of time and find yourself rushing to make that ADR. I think if you feel comfortable in what you are wearing you should be able to enjoy your meal. I also don't think that I would plan a meal at one of the nicer restaurants w/o giving myself plenty of time to clean up beforehand. I wouldn't book a signature meal where I had to arrive straight from a day in the parks.

I think that is about he size of things. There a # of folks who just can't (or, won't) sacrafice valuable park time to go back to the hotel, shower, change and then go to dinner. Disney wants this percentage of the Signature restaurant business and I think that is why they don't enforce the dress code.

I don't see how one can be comfortable in that type of setting without a shower and change of clothes. I know I couldn't be. Even at home after a day in an air conditioned office if we are going "fancy" for dinner, we shower and change.

I just read on the Mousesavers newsletter that the dress code now allows t-shirts.

The dress code at signature restaurants doesn't always make sense to the average person and is enforced sporadically and illogically. For example, they never bothered me at the California Grill when I wore a Disney logo T-shirt (having gone there directly from the MK). At Artist's Point, however, they made me wear an ugly, stained, baggy men's polo shirt over my fashion Tee (no logo), while many others around me were wearing patched, dirty jeans with holes in them and what I would call tank tops, which are also supposed to be banned. There was even somone in there with a bikini top and denim shorts and there were also many others in polyester Tees. When I complained, I was told that, because my Tee was cotton, mine was considered a T-shirt and thiers was not. I was also told that wearing an open sweater, jacket or collared shirt over a T-shirt - even with a logo showing - is OK.

It seems that enforcement of the dress code is strictly according to the tastes of the hostess and/or Maitre 'd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter