Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast | Traveling with a Personal Scooter | 09/26/19

Cant wait to watch. Great info - ECV needs have definitely increased for me over the years!

well, this was a well timed episode as it just came out Disney is banning third party vendors from dropping off stroller and Scooter rentals with bell hops at resorts (you can still meet a third party vendor directly at the resorts, but you can't have them just left with bell hops and then get them when you arrive at the resort)

So just another reason to bring your own vs renting one

well, this was a well timed episode as it just came out Disney is banning third party vendors from dropping off stroller and Scooter rentals with bell hops at resorts (you can still meet a third party vendor directly at the resorts, but you can't have them just left with bell hops and then get them when you arrive at the resort)

So just another reason to bring your own vs renting one
I wonder if this affects featured providers as well - those like Buena Vista Scooters who keep ECV's stocked on site at WDW hotels.

I wonder if this affects featured providers as well - those like Buena Vista Scooters who keep ECV's stocked on site at WDW hotels.

not sure - I haven't seen much response from scooter rental companies but stroller companies have responded with the biggest change being Orlando Stroller Rental will now have you pick up and drop off your stroller at MCO right in the area where you get ME .... maybe some scooter rental companies could do similar?

I know Kingdom Strollers (who is a featured provider of strollers) announced that they will have more drop off and pick up times at the resorts for you to meet them

not sure - I haven't seen much response from scooter rental companies but stroller companies have responded with the biggest change being Orlando Stroller Rental will now have you pick up and drop off your stroller at MCO right in the area where you get ME .... maybe some scooter rental companies could do similar?

I know Kingdom Strollers (who is a featured provider of strollers) announced that they will have more drop off and pick up times at the resorts for you to meet them
Airport pickup/dropoff would be more convenient for some renters. No more waiting around at the hotel for an appointed pickup/dropoff time.

But if more vendors use this, it will put a bigger burden on DME since the additional equipment will need to go on/under buses for transport to and from hotels.

Airport pickup/dropoff would be more convenient for some renters. No more waiting around at the hotel for an appointed pickup/dropoff time.

But if more vendors use this, it will put a bigger burden on DME since the additional equipment will need to go on/under buses for transport to and from WDW hotels.

yeah it definitely seems to shift the burden to putting more onto DME ... but if one of the big issues is just space storing the strollers and ECVs at the resorts (which is one of the big things I see cited) then at least this would push that element back to the rental companies

Guess we shall see, but definitely a pretty big change for some people

Didn't hear about that, @TheMaxRebo. Thanx for pointing that out. My WDW ECV adventures in the past had all been rent at the parks, as needed, but my needs have increased, so if I were ever to go again, I would definitely need this info!

Didn't hear about that, @TheMaxRebo. Thanx for pointing that out. My WDW ECV adventures in the past had all been rent at the parks, as needed, but my needs have increased, so if I were ever to go again, I would definitely need this info!

It's basically breaking news that just came out in the last few hours - so trying to share as much as I can (it goes into effect October 1st)

How how he will attach a camera :moped:
John bought a cool camera back in the spring if I recall correctly...so find a mount for that or use an old iphone/andriod phone and maybe amount usually used on a bike to record . I don't imagine Kevin would agree to wearing GoPro on his wrist or a helmet cam. I have not seen John or Kevin in person for many years, so I assume Kevin fit the chest GoPro accessory (dh and Kevin are same height and build).
I hope to remember the model in case we to rent one in a future trip. DH still tires out after working out 90 minutes at the gym (4 months post heart attack).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter