• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dreams Unlimited Gift Basket for Cruisers who don't live in the US/Canada?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
It's my understanding that Dreams Unlimited sends a gift basket to cruisers who live in the US/Canada.
Is this only for those on 7 night cruises? Or also for 3 and 4 night cruises?

As for those of us who don't live in the US/Canada, is there a way for us to get a gift basket?
I thought i once read that they're available for us at the DU office that's near Port Canaveral.
Is that true?
If so, is the office open on the mornings before a cruise (so that we could stop in on our way to the port)?

i feel a little silly asking about this, but i tried searching and couldn't find the answer.

i should add that when i took my mom and sister on a Disney cruise a few years ago, when the gift baskets were delivered right to the stateroom, that basket so impressed my mom. It really started her off on the right foot (she LOVED that cruise by the way).

thanks in advance for any info!! :)

We popped into the welcome centre before our last cruise (it was directly opposite our rental car drop off) and not only got given the gift baskets, but also some other gifts and a very welcome cup of coffee. Also had a lovely chat with the DU staff.
Only downside was we then had to carry the gift baskets onto the ship - the other things we squeezed into our luggage as we still had it with us. We got lots of envious looks and comments as we took them on though as they do look fabulous!

We popped into the welcome centre before our last cruise (it was directly opposite our rental car drop off) and not only got given the gift baskets, but also some other gifts and a very welcome cup of coffee. Also had a lovely chat with the DU staff.
Only downside was we then had to carry the gift baskets onto the ship - the other things we squeezed into our luggage as we still had it with us. We got lots of envious looks and comments as we took them on though as they do look fabulous!

that's wonderful!!!!!!! i know all four of us would love to meet some of the DU staff!! even without the gift basket that would be fun!!!!!

i've been trying to think when would be the best time to arrive at the port...
i really hate being there with the huge rush of people..

This was the only time we actually drove to the port. For all our other cruises we took the DCL bus and we liked the arrival times this gave us as we could get straight through check in and on to the ship. We arrived at the port, after dropping off our car, at about 12.30 and got straight through again, no crowds and no waiting around.

This was the only time we actually drove to the port. For all our other cruises we took the DCL bus and we liked the arrival times this gave us as we could get straight through check in and on to the ship. We arrived at the port, after dropping off our car, at about 12.30 and got straight through again, no crowds and no waiting around.

that sounds great...i think i'd love to miss that massive crowd!!

The gift bags are mailed to all Dreams Unlimited Travel clients sailing on ANY Disney Cruise Line sailing regardless of length of cruise or departure port who live in US or Canada.

If you do not live in the US or Canada we have some options for you:
- if you are staying in the Disney area, or Port Canaveral area, pre-cruise we can have the gift bag delivered to your resort
- if you are driving to the port, or taking private transportation, you can stop in our Welcome Center to pick up your gift bag. Our Welcome Center is staffed on days when the Disney ships are in port.

Since all gift bags are customized based on your party size and who's traveling we will need to know in advance if you would like it delivered to a resort or you will pick it up.

Please make sure you contact your DU agent and he/she will let our gift bag team know your plans so they can be prepared to make sure you get your gift bag.

I wish we could go back to delivering these to the staterooms but unfortunately Disney Cruise Line will no longer allow this.

We are travelling from Australia to WDW and then a DC on the fantasy in Jan. My agent stated our cruise basket/gift would be delivered to our room at WDW prior to the cruise. Hope this helps.

Sorry should have read the post above!!

The gift bags are mailed to all Dreams Unlimited Travel clients sailing on ANY Disney Cruise Line sailing regardless of length of cruise or departure port who live in US or Canada.

If you do not live in the US or Canada we have some options for you:
- if you are staying in the Disney area, or Port Canaveral area, pre-cruise we can have the gift bag delivered to your resort
- if you are driving to the port, or taking private transportation, you can stop in our Welcome Center to pick up your gift bag. Our Welcome Center is staffed on days when the Disney ships are in port.

Since all gift bags are customized based on your party size and who's traveling we will need to know in advance if you would like it delivered to a resort or you will pick it up.

Please make sure you contact your DU agent and he/she will let our gift bag team know your plans so they can be prepared to make sure you get your gift bag.

I wish we could go back to delivering these to the staterooms but unfortunately Disney Cruise Line will no longer allow this.

that's wonderful John!!! thanks!
we are indeed going to be at WDW before the cruise so i'll let Tracey know.

I think i'll let the gift be a surprise for DH - I know it will thrill him to get it. I'm not joking. he loves surprises. Especially anything to do with cruises!!!

and thanks for all the great service from Dreams Unlimited!!
This will be our second cruise with you and also DD and her husband's second cruise using Dreams!
She was very very pleased with Tracey's help on their cruise in the med this past september.

Looking forward to this and future cruises (still trying to make time for a transatlantic)..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter