Dream 3-night, which night is the Pirate party, is one night more formal?

Tigggrluvr

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We are getting excited for our first cruise! Can anyone tell me which night is typical for the Pirate party? Also, do people dress more formally on one night versus another? Anything else I need to know regarding clothing packing or dining/restaurants in general?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all! We are getting excited for our first cruise! Can anyone tell me which night is typical for the Pirate party? Also, do people dress more formally on one night versus another? Anything else I need to know regarding clothing packing or dining/restaurants in general?

Thanks in advance!

Pirate night will almost certainly be the second night of your cruise. On a three night cruise there is no formal night. You can dress comfortably for the dining rooms, they do ask that you not wear swimsuits or swim coverups, but cruise casual clothing is just fine.

Good to know. I think my brother was hoping for a more formal night. We will be coming from a wedding, so we will have nice clothes with us. Thanks again!

As already said pirate night should be the 2nd night. Be advised it will be the standard rotational menu that night and not the pirate menu. There is no formal or semi formal on 3 nights, some people choose to dress up on royal palace night. There was a couple at our table on our 3 night cruise that dressed up each night.

Good to know. I think my brother was hoping for a more formal night. We will be coming from a wedding, so we will have nice clothes with us. Thanks again!
Three night cruises on the Disney Dream do have a semi-formal night, which DCL refers to as "Optional Dress-Up". They also have a Pirate Night. Semiformal nights were not typically offered on three night cruises up until a few years ago, so that might be why a few other posters weren't aware. Optional Dress-Up nights are always offered on the Dream now. (They don't tend to be offered on 3-night cruises on the classic ships, though.)

Here is a link to Personal Navigators from the Disney Cruise Line Blog website. You can look at the Navigators for 3-night Dream cruises within the past two years and see the designation of different evenings as either Optional Dress-Up, Pirate Night, or Cruise Casual.

Last edited:
As already said pirate night should be the 2nd night. Be advised it will be the standard rotational menu that night and not the pirate menu. There is no formal or semi formal on 3 nights, some people choose to dress up on royal palace night. There was a couple at our table on our 3 night cruise that dressed up each night.

Perfect! Thanks for th link to the navigators!

Nothing is stoping him from having his own formal night. He can dress up in a suit every night if that what he desires. Enjoy your cruise

You can always dress up if you want. You don't have to have a designated day to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter