Drawn to Life Reviews

Angeliki19

DIS Veteran
Hi! I have never seen any Cirque show but have always wanted to. Considering getting tickets this August for DH and me and making a date night out of it, but read some bad reviews on another site. Would love to get some Dis people's opinions! Also if we see the 5:30 show, what time would you make a dinner reservation in DS? Thanks!

I've seen it twice and am seeing it again next week with my sister. I think it's fantastic - incredible combination of Cirque's production-style and Disney animation. If you go, make sure to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start time as they have a pre-show as well. The show is 90 minutes long, so a 7:30 pm reservation somewhere in DS should be fine.

We saw Drawn to Life not long after it first opened.
I have not looked at others' reviews, and didn't realize there were some negative.
We love Cirque du Soleil, and and have seen La Nouba (the show prior to Drawn to Life) several times. We absolutely loved it, so it was hard not to comapare the two. My honest review... I say go! It's a good show. We loved so much of it, and were meh about some parts of it too. But overall, it is indeed a great date night!
We were so excited to get back to seeing shows after Covid, so that in itself was great!
We loved the Disney theme and how the story, music and 'animation' is all tied together.
There were some scenes that I cried throughout.
Just our opinion, but I would say the downsides were that we didn't feel there were as many cool cirque acts as in the previous show. The ones they chose for this show are fun but not mesmerizing like some others. Also, the story line wasn't as fluid as we thought it could be, and felt disconnected. We got where it was going though, so it was fine.
Overall, it was good. Sometimes I think we have such high expectations (was my case) that is why people are disappointed.
It was a great night out, we did the early show with dinner in Disney Springs as well. If you go, enjoy!

If you have never seen a cirque show, You will likely enjoy this show just for the acts in it. For those who have seen other cirque shows, this one may be disappointing. The storyline is very weak and the acts are not of Cirque quality aside from 3, which were pretty incredible. Some of the animation tools used were really cool but the show had no real cohesion.

I have seen almost all of the other Cirque shows and thought this one was very well done. While some of the acts are not as "jaw-dropping" as some in other shows, the way they intertwined with the animation storyline was very good. I did not think the story was disjointed, although that may be because I had read what it was supposed to be prior to seeing it. I do recommend having tissues handy as there is one act in particular that was very emotional.

Saw it in February and thought it was incredible. We did find ourselves comparing it a lot to La Nouba as well, but it really is its own show with its own merits. We definitely all left the theater smiling!

Nice to hear some nice things, but somehow there is just zero buzz on this show. Maybe because everything else at Disney is so expensive, people just don't want to spend more money?

We went on Friday and LOVED it!! Granted, I have never seen any Cirque shows before so I cannot compare. And there were some parts of the story that felt a little disjointed, but overall, I felt it was one of the most "magical" things we did on our trip. The performers are incredible. There are definitely Disney touches but it's not overdone... the soundtrack is never just flat out recordings of Disney songs. I definitely recommend for people who love WDW and have maybe seen/done all the regular in-park shows.

Happy to see the good reviews here. I made the mistake of reading some elsewhere and some of them were so harsh I was feeling like I'd made a mistake by buying tickets.

The only Cirque show I've seen is La Nouba, and that was just once in 2016. We totally loved it, but I can't honestly remember that much of it now. I just remember thinking it was good and being glad we got to see it. We had "cheap seats" (far back and to one side) for that show. I've booked good seats for Drawn to Life, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Went tonight ….I loved it, I teared up several times. We were fortunate it even resumed as there was a fire alarm and we had to evacuate.

I saw one Cirque show in my life, O, and hated it…I don’t like modern dance, and I didn’t get it. I felt that way at times here, but at least it was acrobats, who were amazing.

I nodded off a bit during some long routines because I’m exhausted, but I thought the animation was brilliant, and I loved the story

We saw it in July, It was our first Cirque show. I enjoyed it a lot, more than I expected. There were some acts that seemed to be longer than necessary, but it wasn't a major issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter