Downtown Disney PS

Lady Hiss

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone -

We're making plans for dinner after the early Cirque show during our May visit and definitely want a place that will take PS. House of Blues is a possibility, but we'd like to try someplace new. Does anyone know if these restaurants at DD take PS?

Wolfgang Puck Cafe - would be our first choice since DD lives on pizza.
Bongos - a little more expensive, but might be OK
Earl of Sandwich - sounds yummy

Or, if you have another suggestion, I'd be happy to hear it! Thanks for any help.

princess:

Portobella Yacht Club takes PSs. I think they're 30-days out. That's where we're planning on eating prior to Cirque in May.

Wolfgang Pucks and Earl of Sandwich will not take PS's because they are primarily counter restaurants. Fulton's, Portabello Yacht Club, Rain Forest Cafe all take PS's though. I ate at Bongo's and loved it, but I'm not sure if they take PS's or not- didn't ask. We were sat within 5 minutes when we were told 45 min-1 hr wait. They must have thought my SO was Yanni or something :)

Wolfgang Pucks and Earl of Sandwich will not take PS's because they are primarily counter restaurants.

Unless you want reservations for Wolfgang Puck's upstairs dining (above the cafe). But you're correct...Wolfgang Puck Express and Cafe do not take reservations.

Wolfgang Pucks Cafe and the upstairs fine dining both take reservations but you have to call them directly at 407-938-9653.
The express does not take reservations.

Bongos also takes reservations by calling directly at
407-828-0999.

Portobello Yacht Club Dinner Reservations:
Priority seating reservations are accepted 30 days in advance by calling 407-934-8888

Thanks so much for all the replies. We're going to try Wolfgang Puck Cafe as a first choice. Portobello Yacht Club or House of Blues will be Plan B.

I appreciate all your suggestions. These boards are wonderful!

princess:

We went to the 9:00PM Cirque show and arrived at House of Blues about 7:15PM. We did not have reservations because I was under the impression that they did not take reservations. We waited about 20 minutes for a table and we did notice that there was a large influx of people leaving the early Cirque show coming to House of Blues and apparently having a long wait for a table.

If you do not have reservations somewhere you may have a long wait especially considering that there were waits in Feb and that was the off season.

Also, in 2000 we ate at Bongos and were disappointed. I lived in New Orleans at one time and had a friend from Cuba who regularly took me to a local authentic Cuban restaurant. By comparison Bongos was lacking and I was not impressed.

We went to the 9:00PM Cirque show and arrived at House of Blues about 7:15PM. We did not have reservations because I was under the impression that they did not take reservations. We waited about 20 minutes for a table and we did notice that there was a large influx of people leaving the early Cirque show coming to House of Blues and apparently having a long wait for a table.

If you do not have reservations somewhere you may have a long wait especially considering that there were waits in Feb and that was the off season.

Also, in 2000 we ate at Bongos and were disappointed. I lived in New Orleans at one time and had a friend from Cuba who regularly took me to a local authentic Cuban restaurant. By comparison Bongos was lacking and I was not impressed. I would not say Bongos was bad, but just that it was not outstanding.

I can guarantee you will enjoy the show. I am not a fan of circus type entertainment and went only at the insistence of my wife and granddaughter. I was not the least bit bored and was shocked at how fast the show was over. I was really excited by it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter