Downtown Disney~Naples Ristorante

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>Yesterday, the kids & I braved the freezing cold (it was very cold!) and went to DL to renew our APs. Since the date said 1/9/01, it was dangerously close to our 30 day expiration date, and since they were only renewing passes, I knew we just had to go. So, despite the fact that I was coming down with the flu, and it was cold, we went. (I actually got out of work early because they could tell I was really sick, but had to take advantage of the time & take the kids to DL)

Envisioning the APers who were going to spend a chilly night in DL, I expected huge crowds and a lot of traffic. But was pleasantly surprised to find that I was ahead of the rush-hour traffic, and the crowd into the Disneyland Resort. We parked at the DTD self parking lot, and got a spot kind of close. We renewed our passes, and got the new ones without having to wait in line - found out we could use the same pics -- woo hoo! It was handled with minimum fuss.... and of course, though I asked if there was any way for a 2-park pass, I was told no. (hey, it doesn't hurt to ask)

We decided to celebrate so the kids & I went to the newly opened Naples Ristorante. There are two floors to this restaurant, with the upstairs being a little bit more formal. There is also outdoor dining, with the heaters overhead, but it was too cold, & I wasn't feeling well, so we didn't take advantage of it.

My ds ordered the Margherita pizza with pepperoni (extra), and my dd and I split the Vermicelli with shrimp & eggplant. Found out that there is a difference between splitting an order or sharing it. Sharing an order, they'll give you an extra plate. Splitting the order costs $4.00 extra, and they serve you a little larger portion on two plates. This worked well for my dd and I. We each got vermicelli in marinara, wrapped in a strip of eggplant, and two shrimps on the side of this. It was a nice presentation, and quite good. I think the split order came out to $17 something. The 10-inch pizza was $11, and pepperoni was extra. The kids ordered coke & I ordered coffee. The coffee was delicious! After dinner they both ordered the biscottis. They got about 6 cookies, garnished with berries, and powdered sugar sprinkled all around - $5 each. They enjoyed their dessert. The total for the dinner was $55.35. We really enjoyed our dining experience, and I liked the decor & music - made for nice ambience.

After we ate, we decided to ride the Monorail just for the heck of it. DL seemed quite empty, and DCA had a big red carpet down from the entrance, lined with a huge crowd of people. On the news this morning, I saw that they had quite a party there last night.

All of this took less than the three hours allowed for free parking at the DTD parking lot. We actually had two more hours, too, since the restaurant had validated my ticket.

It was a very nice way to renew passes. :)

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

Hi Mary Jo! I'm so sorry to hear you're not feelling well, that bug has been going around our house as well. Thanks for the restaurant report! :)

Just curious to know why you didn't renew your APs by mail...did it just get too late for you to do so? We did our renewal by mail last September and it was so much more convenient. At least you got it done...I was sick about a week ago and decided NOT to head over to get the two-park APs (this was before they stopped selling them) and now wish I had pulled myself together to go and get them. Oh well, live and learn! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

mirror.gif
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#00009c>Boy, do I wish I had ordered by mail. I had the forms & everything, but the roof repair was expensive, and between that, house tax & house/car insurance, I literally couldn't afford it until now. Talk about getting by by the skin of your teeth!! lol

I told the kids that when/if they let us upgrade we'll do it then, and then next year, we'll renew as soon as we get those packets in the mail. :)

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter