Downtown Disney Hotel's

cobyrudge

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering, normally we stay at a Disney Resort Hotel, but this year we are considering staying at a Downtown Disney Hotel (Double Tree) to save some money and with 6 people it gets really expensive to stay at the resort! What are the difference's in staying at the resort compared to the Double Tree, I mean they say its a Disney Hotel. Is it really? Do you have all the benefits?:dance3::dance3:

No benefits. No EMH. No package delivery. Can't think of any other benefits onsite Guests get that Hotel Plaza Boulevard Guests don't.

Advantages, as you know, are more space and lower cost, along with walking distance to both Downtown Disney and Crossroads Shopping Center.

The bus transportation is on a fixed, posted schedule. The buses are shared among the six hotels and run either every hour or every half hour, depending on the park and the time of day. The bus to the Magic Kingdom goes to the TTC, not directly to the park. Other buses stop further out in the respective parks' parking lots, with the offsite hotel and tour buses.

Hotel Plaza Boulevard is part of Disney property.

The DTD hotels are on Disney property, but are not Disney-owned, so you don't get any of the Disney resort benefits.

• No dining plan
  • No Disney transportation
  • No Magical Express (free transportation to and from the airport)
  • No EMH (except for the Hilton)
  • No package delivery
  • No charging of purchases at parks and Disney resorts to your room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter