Downgraded Verandah Rooms?

Ur Friend

Earning My Ears
I seem to recall some time ago there was mention on this board that DCL downgraded some of their rooms because the balconies were partially obstructed. Does anyone else recall reading this; did I dream this or confuse this with the "secret porthole" rooms? :confused3

Can't recall the specific staterooms, but I know that the "navigator's verandah" category has a few rooms that actually have an only slightly-obstructed full verandah -- they are the Cat 7 rooms farthest away from the stern of the ship. They were originally designated Cat 6, but I guess some cruisers must have complained because one end of the verandah is obstructed by the exterior detail of the ship. So you get what is a mostly full and open verandah for a Cat 7 price. (Unfortunately, I checked on these when we booked for May 8, and they were already booked.)

Thanks so much for your responses.....I've been reading this board for the past 6 months and all the information everyone shares is so very helpful! What a great group of people! :love2:

Hi: My DH and I are booked in 7620, an obstructed verandah. A friend's website has photos of the 4 staterooms with obstructed verandahs.

Jan

One other thing that must be noted. All of these obstructed view veranda rooms only sleep 3 people, so a family of 4 wouldn't be able to book them.

I called our TA to see about getting one of these rooms, but there is a waiting list. Makes sense though, cat 6 for a cat 7 price.

My parents had 7620 on the Magic 2 weeks ago. It was beautiful! Not a bad obstruction at all, they enjoyed coffee out there each morning and wine each evening. And you cannot beat the price. It was originally a Cat 5, but they now charge a Cat 7 price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter