Double Stroller for Preschoolers

EllaDisney

Mouseketeer
We are going in October with our two girls. T. is 5.5 years and 37 lbs and she's fairly short for her age. A. is 3 and she's 27 lbs. I'm looking for an affordable double stroller that can hold my two girls. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Bianca

At this age- you might consider the sit and stand one,unless you think they might BOTH sleep in the stroller. WOuld you just consider renting a double instead?

Have you thought about 2 strollers?
We just went our little ones are 4 and 2... the 4 yr old is about 37 pounds, the 2 yr old is about 25 pounds. I had bought a double stroller that the weight limit was 45 in each seat + no more than 10 in the basket... so I put the kids in and it pushed pretty well at the mall.... where there were no hills and rocks... so before we went, I decided to sell it and buy another smaller one instead. That was the best thing I could have done for our trip!

I bought a Chicco Capri from BabiesRUs for about $60. I do wish that I would have gotten 2 of them and just left our bigger stroller that we took with us at home!

Also if you get 2 of the same strollers (even cheaper unbrella strollers) you can get the hook to put them together to make a double.

We thought about renting, but decided we wanted our strollers for Downtown Disney and around the resort.

Good luck in deciding... it took me sometime to figure out what I wanted and thought would work... and some trips taking strollers back...

Well I really don't want to rent because we will need a stroller for more that just our vacation. The girls are quite competitive and we pretty much need two of everything so I can't picture getting a sit and stand. Hopefully they both do sleep at the same time :)

At that age I would definetly go with a Maclaren double, or maybe 2 singles, www.albeebaby.com has the pink fleur Quest in sale for 129.99, with free shipping, and no tax if you live in any state (except NY or NJ), and they have a double for 199.99

Maclaren are the easiest strollers to push with older children, have a recline, sun shade, rain cover and underneath baskets.

I have two boys, 4 and 2 (they will be almost 5 and 3 when we travel this fall). They both weigh between 30 and 35 pounds. We bought the Jeep Double Stroller. It is around $80 and often goes on sale at TRU. I took DH to the store with me to find one, as he will be the one unfolding/folding it while I get the kids on the resort buses. He pushes it a lot as well. We did find a Combi one at TRU that seemed way nicer, but we were not willing to shell out the extra $120 when the boys don't use it much, except for our trip, the zoo, mall, etc.

That being said, I have used it twice now at the zoo, many times at the mall, and a few times for neighborhood walks, and it is great. The boys can easily hop in and out on their own for zoo displays, (but we can easily strap them in when we need to) and the best part: it is so light to lift up into my car. The sun shield is iffy...I may buy a larger sun shield for our trip in Sept., and there is no understorage.

I agree with the jeep double. I painted the screens on mine to have the incredibles logo.

side by side means they wont fight over who is in front... inexpensive and pretty light weight

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter