Double Dip and Cabanas sold out for Platinum

We are platinum and are going on a double dip in September and tried to get a cabana on one of the days and they were sold out. We were online at exactly 120 days out (kept refreshing the browser until midnight) and no cabanas for either day. I honestly thought being a double dip we could get one.

Do they allow concierge guests book a cabana on both Castaway Cay days? So they could get one on both days?

We will put our name on a waitlist when we get on board, I was just surprised there werenā€™t any for two days. We have gotten one as platinum before and there was just one day on CC.
Yes, Concierge guests can book a cabana on either one or both days on a double dip cruise if they wish. You can even request the same cabana number for both days. Also, any cabana cancellations are offered to Concierge guests first. Just one of the perks of being Concierge.

we were concierge once. The shore team booked our cabana well before the 120 days out. If that is the case, no wonder they are all gone the instant online booking opens. If I remember, they even held some just for concierge that called in later.

The other thing is they may hold all of them for concierge guest and then release what isnā€™t claimed at a certain point shortly before the sail date.

Because other people want to enjoy them too. They limit the number of times you can eat the Palo brunch and dinner because of limited capacity. Why not the cabanas too?
I think they should charge for them when booking. Then it would stop the nonsense of just holding them.
Actually, if you are in concierge there is no limit to the number of days you can book Palo brunch or dinner, or Remy. These are competitive, even with the concierge able to book multiple days, but they are much easier to get than a cabana. When we did our first DCL on the Fantasy in 2019, we were not in concierge and at my 75 days out I was able to book Palo brunch and dinner along with Remy. On board, we were so disappointed in the MDR food and service ( I know, I'm in the minority here) that we booked a second evening at Remy. Unfortunately, there was no more Palo seating available by that time.

As for people booking to hold a cabana, I'm sure it exists, and there is the occasional cancellation, but I'm willing to bet that it is very rare. They are hard to get and those booking them know this. I'm in a concierge suite for December on the Dream, and I know I certainly am not canceling my cabana for the day we visit.

Has any non-concierge passengers ever received a cabana off the waitlist? Recently?

Has any non-concierge passengers ever received a cabana off the waitlist? Recently?
People have reported that, but there is no way to know how often it occurs. I believe some of the cabanas are held back for ADA issues, late concierge booking, and perhaps weddings. But, when or how those are released many vary from cruise to cruise.

For people sailing on the Wish, I would expect cabanas to never be available outside of concierge.

We are sailing B2B on the Wish next week, and were able to secure cabanas for both cruises. In our case, if I could guarantee weather and ability to dock at CC, Iā€™d probably drop one to give someone else a chance. But in our case, we are 50/50 with weather and ability to dock at CC with cabana reservations held, so thatā€™s why we most definitely wonā€™t drop the second one.

This is one of the big perks of sailing the Magic or Wonder to Castaway. Less Concierge rooms = better chance for Platinum guest to book them. We notice a big difference between this and the Dream/Fantasy. As to Palo, we've been able to get a brunch on all 4 classics as Platinum (though easier on Magic/Wonder), and couldn't get brunch on the MV of the Wish (we did get Dinner off of the waitlist), but almost every guest on that sailing was Platinum, so it was a special case...

This is one of the big perks of sailing the Magic or Wonder to Castaway. Less Concierge rooms = better chance for Platinum guest to book them. We notice a big difference between this and the Dream/Fantasy. As to Palo, we've been able to get a brunch on all 4 classics as Platinum (though easier on Magic/Wonder), and couldn't get brunch on the MV of the Wish (we did get Dinner off of the waitlist), but almost every guest on that sailing was Platinum, so it was a special case...

There are more Concierge rooms on the Wonder (44) than on the Dream/Fantasy (41).

There are more Concierge rooms on the Wonder (44) than on the Dream/Fantasy (41).
Really? Was this a recent change? On our last cruise to CC on the Magic in October 2021, we were able to get a Cabana as Platinums. Maybe we were just lucky?

Really? Was this a recent change? On our last cruise to CC on the Magic in October 2021, we were able to get a Cabana as Platinums. Maybe we were just lucky?

DCL converted 12 Category 4A staterooms to Concierge in 2019 to increase the total to 44. They were also planning to convert 12 on the Magic but cancelled those plans in 2020 so there are only 32 on the Magic.

DCL converted 12 Category 4A staterooms to Concierge in 2019 to increase the total to 44. They were also planning to convert 12 on the Magic but cancelled those plans in 2020 so there are only 32 on the Magic.
Interesting to know! Even more reason to like the Magic! :)

Yeah our family was lucky enough to grab a cabana back in February when the numbers were still low on the dream. Also if you keep An eye out around 5 days out from your cruise Iā€™ve seen a few cabanas pop-up here and there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!