Don't We Need More Ice Cream? - A F&G Trip Report - The End. Period. Paragraph. 1/27

Wow, your Dad did Orange side? I am always afraid to try it, because even though I don't get sick on any rides at Disney or Universal, spinning rides really knock me for a loop so I just don't know. The other thing is no one else in the family will try it. Maybe one of these days.

Ah, never heard of that. She plays Magic the Gathering, I put up with it.

Think plastic star wars ships, cards with details on what they do, and dice to say what to do with them

You haven't had that one before? That one is the best!

We've only done one real WDW trip where we just did 1 day at each park and I didn't really anywhere near about WDW as I do now, and didn't really know much about the store, let alone specifics about all the yummy things. We are hoping to do a big trip back 2021

As of now, the place has been painted, cleaned up, a few items like light fixtures and fans have been replaced and we are about to put the sign out front and list the property on various rental websites.

Fingers crossed it and the next one rent quickly.

Between Jenny and myself we have three reservations at SWGE, so at least I'll have that to keep me busy while I'm not traveling. Plus I have at least five different DIS friends coming in each month (two in August) and then one in each of the subsequent months (except October when I will be in Orlando).

I'm so excited for you but will be avoiding the updates for the most part I think...I say right now...we will see...anyways, soooo exciting!

Pineapples!

z19FG0315EP41.jpg

They are just the cutest when they are really really small! I remember seeing really tiny ones in Hawaii

Papayas I think?

Mmmmm Basil……

z19FG0315EP50.jpg

Mmm basil, mmm pesto!
(I'm guessing they don't show any cilantro ;) )
They also gave us this yummy bread

z19FG0315EP64.jpg

Mmm nothing like a good French loaf of bread..nom nom

I got the Tart aux Pommes.

z19FG0315EP69.jpg

while I love chocolate and chocolate desserts, this looks really good!

he bought a sampler, I don’t remember what all was in but the two brown ones are Coffee Toffee Coffee Ice Cream, Coffee Ice Cream with Housemade Espresso-Infused Chocolate-Covered Toffee Pieces. Going clockwise I think the next one was Peppermint Pattie Ice Cream, Cool Peppermint Ice Cream with flakes of Dark Chocolate and House-made Peppermint Patties. I believe those were my suggestions, the other three I have no idea!

z19FG0315EP75.jpg
I'm very aligned with her choices!

resh and Fluffy Orange Marshmallow Ice Cream with House-made Salty Chocolate Seashells

z19FG0315EP73.jpg

this guy looks very tasty as well!

It felt great to be 100% rented leaving on the trip!

I bet! Congratulations!

As we touched down back in Los Angeles on our flight home, I turned my phone off of airplane mode only to receive an email that one of our tenants was moving out, and would be completely moved in about four days.

Son of a...well, it was nice while it lasted.

The Green Team ride was OK, but you “soared around the world” so fast that you couldn’t really even figure out what you were flying over. I agree that they could have picked something a little more interesting for the upgrade.

Yeah, that was really disappointing. Why not keep the flight to Mars? I hate that they call it Mission: Space and you don't really see space. Bleh.

OK, what restaurant is serving this?

z19FG0315EP48.jpg

It's for the cotton candy kiosks, of course. Duh.

My parents walked this time and we arrived home safely but Fran wanted Ice cream so she went to Ample Creamery.

There it is! Get that woman her ice cream!

I love the idea of the sampler. They probably make a boatload of money on that.

You guys got a lot done and dinner looked yummy! Ample Hills is awesome! I had some of the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Ice cream and it was amazing!

I love Ample Hills Creamery Ice Cream, especially the Ooey Gooey butter cake!

You packed a lot into that day!

We have yet to try Ample Hill Creamery. The menu looks interesting. Well, we'll be at the BWVs for three nights ...... I might have to stop by there once or twice.
;)

You definitely should! They have some yummy and interesting flavors!

Huh!
I'm learning stuff about you. :)

I thought you might have already known that one.

I get that... except I don't get that unless I travel off continent.

I can see that.

Then it's really wrong.

::yes::

I saw a meme on FB, where someone had a steak resembling shoe leather. And the caption was "Y'all argue with people who eat steaks like this?"

And the response was "Can't....they still chewing" :laughing:

The festival struggle is real.

#firstworldproblems

I knew that, but... still...

And we still haven't gotten off our butts to finish it and put the sign out.

Do you expect it to go quickly? Or not?

No clue. :confused3

Just wondering... is 5 years a long time for renters? Or average? Or... ?

I'd say 2-3 years is about average. Then again we have some that have been there 7+ years.

:faint: You'll be a busy girl!!

::yes:: but fun!

Wow. That sounds... lame.

Mark thought so too.

Ah! I knew the rule, but wasn't sure if it was correct. I was pretty confident about the 15, but not the 5. Elle and I stood around once or twice for a couple minutes waiting. I didn't want to risk the embarrassment of being denied entry and told to wait. Looks like I didn't have to worry.

You just caused me to write a little anecdote for my next update that I had forgotten to include about this.

Possibly? Either way... nice.

It was nice! Got us out of there quicker!

That's what I thought.

Evidently they are Papayas.

Fish are fr....

No. They're food.

Truth

Me too! Hard pass.

wimpy taste buds for both of us. :sad2:

:laughing: mmmm! Fresh cotton!

:laughing:

It wasn't like that at all. Actually, while there were a lot in there... there was a lot less than I thought there'd be.

Spoiler alert. I find out later.

Well sure. Going all the way to SeaWorld and back...

mmmmm!

Oh, man! This is a tough one! I'd be really torn. Maybe order both.

That's why it's nice to share. :)

That's French for "We're jealous of the Italians and their pizza".

Drool worthy.

Very pretty.

I'm surprised you didn't comment on my Apple thingy.

Yeah, there's a couple there that had me questioning. Especially the Sally Sells Seashells.

How was that? Did you try it?

I'm not a fan of orange and chocolate together, but Fran has ordered it every time she's been there so she really likes it.

I thought you might have already known that one.
Not in that much detail.
I saw a meme on FB, where someone had a steak resembling shoe leather. And the caption was "Y'all argue with people who eat steaks like this?"

And the response was "Can't....they still chewing" :laughing:
:lmao:
#firstworldproblems
We need to start a GoFundMe page.
And we still haven't gotten off our butts to finish it and put the sign out.
Why? Just finished getting them all rented so the flesh is weak?
Well... good luck!
I'd say 2-3 years is about average. Then again we have some that have been there 7+ years.
Huh. I had zero clue.
You just caused me to write a little anecdote for my next update that I had forgotten to include about this.
I'm a memory jogger.

'Cause a regular jogger, I ain't.
Evidently they are Papayas.
So I saw. :)
wimpy taste buds for both of us. :sad2:
Fine line between wimpy taste buds and "not stupid".
I'm surprised you didn't comment on my Apple thingy.
I've been craving chocolate lately.

At this point Fran said she was tired and needed to go back to the room. Really she was sick of all the camaraderie and wanted to do her own thing. She ended up going to Caramel Kuche and getting us some caramels for the room, and who knows where else she went. I didn’t turn on the GPS tracker in Trusted Contacts. Maybe I should have!

z19FG0315EP56.jpg
Mmm, caramel! Sometimes you just need to recharge and get away!
Plus I have at least five different DIS friends coming in each month (two in August) and then one in each of the subsequent months (except October when I will be in Orlando).
If we aren't able to meet up sometime this summer, hopefully we'll finally get to meet in person when Su-Lynn stops by!
After that it was hot and we were tired so we made our way back to the room, my parents walked through the butterfly tent while I waited outside. The idea of swarming butterflies kind of freaks me out.
Thats too bad! At least there they have so few butterflies it doesn't feel like that at all!
felt really gross between the cream on my arms to help heal my skin and the excess of sunscreen Fran put on me earlier, so I needed a full shower,
Ugh, yeah I hate that slimy feeling! I have an exfoliating body scrub, which I normally don't use, but I do keep it for after I've used sunscreen (like after a football game or Disneyland day) - only way to feel refreshed!
Miss Piggy looks soo good! I never got over to that area at night!
She bought a sampler, I don’t remember what all was in but the two brown ones are Coffee Toffee Coffee Ice Cream, Coffee Ice Cream with Housemade Espresso-Infused Chocolate-Covered Toffee Pieces. Going clockwise I think the next one was Peppermint Pattie Ice Cream, Cool Peppermint Ice Cream with flakes of Dark Chocolate and House-made Peppermint Patties. I believe those were my suggestions, the other three I have no idea!

z19FG0315EP75.jpg

plus two cups of ice cream. This is Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Ice Cream

The creamiest Vanilla Ice Cream made with Cream Cheese and gobs of House-made St. Louis-Style Ooey Gooey Butter Cake.

z19FG0315EP74.jpg

This one is Sally Sells Seashells Ice Cream

Fresh and Fluffy Orange Marshmallow Ice Cream with House-made Salty Chocolate Seashells

z19FG0315EP73.jpg

I think she ate all of the last one that night, but the others lasted longer and some of the sampler may have been in the freezer when we checked out. I did sample the two that I picked before crawling into bed.
Nice that you were able to stash it in the freezer! With the studios, they are all too small to adequately freeze something, or keep it frozen!

Have you guys been to Salt & Straw yet? I finally tried it last week and it was delicious! The brownie one was so great with the brownies still nice and soft and chewy! Plus the fresh waffle cones!

I've had a mixed bag there. The first time I got a flatbread and it was terrible and the service gross. The 2nd time I got some sort of pasta I think and it was better. I think I'd go again if I was on the Boardwalk and was hungry, but for Italian, I'd go to Terralina at DTD now.

I'm anxious to try that now, we mainly went there because it was close to our resort.

This topiary has a bit of a story for me. Coming up later on my TR, but I think it's my fave from the Festival.

Looking forward to it. I will get to your TR someday!

I "suffered" from lack of veggies on this trip too. I really need to make an effort while at Disney to keep my greens/fiber intake up or my system rebels.

You probably eat more veggies than I do. I was OK.

WOOHOO!!!

Or not... :(

:sad2:

Sooooooooooooo excited for this!

It's mostly pretty cool!

They are so hard to get!

I need my fast lens for that!

I didn't know you could do that there!! YUM!

The sampler used to be full sized scoops, according to Fran, but now it's smaller more manageable to eat in one sitting, but not for me.

Awesome shoes! As a child I wore "hand-me-down" shoes and as a result, my feet suck. Shoes hurt. Finding comfortable shoes is my goal in life.

That sucks. I was the oldest so I got new stuff, but I usually trashed it so bad, my sister couldn't use it.

Yum, I have never tried Freddies but maybe on our next Florida trip....

I'd be willing to try it again, I want to try the custard.

I am really disappointed in the BCV renovations, reminds me of a cheap hotel we stayed at in Reno in the late 80s. I liked the old BCV decor.... But I do love the location...

Now to finish reading your report. :goodvibes

Don't worry, updates are going pretty slowly!

Sounds like you had a great meal this time! And ice cream for Fran!

This time it was quite yummy!

Wow, your Dad did Orange side? I am always afraid to try it, because even though I don't get sick on any rides at Disney or Universal, spinning rides really knock me for a loop so I just don't know. The other thing is no one else in the family will try it. Maybe one of these days.

The only difference that I notice (well before they made the green side lame) was that on orange your face feels like its melting onto your torso, and the rest of your body feels like it has like 10 of those blankets they used to put on you at the dentist for xrays, or did they only do that for women to protect things that certain men want to regulate? :laughing:

Think plastic star wars ships, cards with details on what they do, and dice to say what to do with them

Ah. OK. Our game mostly just has cards, but also some dice and other little marker things.

We've only done one real WDW trip where we just did 1 day at each park and I didn't really anywhere near about WDW as I do now, and didn't really know much about the store, let alone specifics about all the yummy things. We are hoping to do a big trip back 2021

Huh. Somehow I thought you'd been there more times.

Fingers crossed it and the next one rent quickly.

We need to get up off our butts and get it on the market. We were going to do it today, but our helper didn't show up. I hope she's OK.

I'm so excited for you but will be avoiding the updates for the most part I think...I say right now...we will see...anyways, soooo exciting!

We'll have to see how my pictures go. It's going to be hard to photograph.

They are just the cutest when they are really really small! I remember seeing really tiny ones in Hawaii

Did you go to the Dole Plantation?

Papayas I think?

That seems to be the consensus.

Mmm basil, mmm pesto!
(I'm guessing they don't show any cilantro ;) )

If they did, I missed it and not on purpose.

Mmm nothing like a good French loaf of bread..nom nom

while I love chocolate and chocolate desserts, this looks really good!

I thought it was! I'm partial to fruity desserts over chocolate.

I'm very aligned with her choices!

:thumbsup2

this guy looks very tasty as well!

She really liked it, ate it all that night, and you'll see what happened in another update.

Huh. Somehow I thought you'd been there more times.
I have a decent knowledge from reading TR's, but ya, haven't been a frequent flyer...yet...I'm thinking we will do a big WDW trip in 2021 when the little one is 5, as next year's big trip is Hawaii
We'll have to see how my pictures go. It's going to be hard to photograph.
I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to look/stay away
Did you go to the Dole Plantation?
No, we haven't been to Oahu where I think it is, just the Big Island
I'd love to go to Oahu and visit Aulani but it's pretty pricey, espec once you put in the exchange

I bet! Congratulations!

Son of a...well, it was nice while it lasted.

Yeah, all 21 days. :sad2:

Yeah, that was really disappointing. Why not keep the flight to Mars? I hate that they call it Mission: Space and you don't really see space. Bleh.

And it's not even really convincing flying over earth either.

It's for the cotton candy kiosks, of course. Duh.

Doh. I should have known that!

There it is! Get that woman her ice cream!

Oh, this is just the beginning.... :sad2:

I love the idea of the sampler. They probably make a boatload of money on that.

I like it too. I can never decide on what I want so the more choices the better!

Those are papayas and they are delicious - well, when they aren't green.

OK, thanks for being the voice of clarification!

We need to start a GoFundMe page.

Think it would work? :confused3

Why? Just finished getting them all rented so the flesh is weak?

I'm not sure what the problem is. All we need to do is go over there and take all the cleaning supplies and tools out, but things like going to Disney all day for SW land preview and errands and other stuff has just kept us from actually getting there and doing it.

Huh. I had zero clue.

Well we are generally nice landlords, so unless a tenant moves to a new city, gets married or buys a house, they stay with us for a while.

I'm a memory jogger.

'Cause a regular jogger, I ain't.

Fine line between wimpy taste buds and "not stupid".

Truth

I've been craving chocolate lately.

I've been craving pasta.

Mmm, caramel! Sometimes you just need to recharge and get away!

I end up sucking it up and sticking it out, but yeah, she does seem to need to escape from my parents, especially when we are visiting them up North.

If we aren't able to meet up sometime this summer, hopefully we'll finally get to meet in person when Su-Lynn stops by!

We're out there the three times in June, but not sure if we will make it out there in July. I have two different friends coming in August, but for sure in September. I gotta get Su-Lynn's dates!

Thats too bad! At least there they have so few butterflies it doesn't feel like that at all!

Yeah I eventually learned that. :sad2:

Ugh, yeah I hate that slimy feeling! I have an exfoliating body scrub, which I normally don't use, but I do keep it for after I've used sunscreen (like after a football game or Disneyland day) - only way to feel refreshed!

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Miss Piggy looks soo good! I never got over to that area at night!

I had almost forgotten that we saw her that night when we saw her again in the day.

Nice that you were able to stash it in the freezer! With the studios, they are all too small to adequately freeze something, or keep it frozen!

Another reason I love my one bedrooms. Jacuzzi tub, full refrigerator. No going back!

Have you guys been to Salt & Straw yet? I finally tried it last week and it was delicious! The brownie one was so great with the brownies still nice and soft and chewy! Plus the fresh waffle cones!

We have not! We were walking by it the other day saying that we really needed to try it sometime soon.

Think it would work? :confused3
Nope!
I'm not sure what the problem is. All we need to do is go over there and take all the cleaning supplies and tools out, but things like going to Disney all day for SW land preview and errands and other stuff has just kept us from actually getting there and doing it.
Disney trumps most things.
Well we are generally nice landlords, so unless a tenant moves to a new city, gets married or buys a house, they stay with us for a while.
Wasn't questioning you. Just had no idea how long the average tenant stays. For anyone. Or anywhere.
I've been craving pasta.
I do no want chocolate pasta.

I have a decent knowledge from reading TR's, but ya, haven't been a frequent flyer...yet...I'm thinking we will do a big WDW trip in 2021 when the little one is 5, as next year's big trip is Hawaii

We're going for the 50th at MK, a bunch of other DISers are going too.

I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to look/stay away

I'd probably be the same way. I was with Pandora.

No, we haven't been to Oahu where I think it is, just the Big Island
I'd love to go to Oahu and visit Aulani but it's pretty pricey, espec once you put in the exchange

I love the big island. Someday we will go to Oahu as well.

Disney trumps most things.

How dare you use those two words in the same sentence!

Wasn't questioning you. Just had no idea how long the average tenant stays. For anyone. Or anywhere.

Most of the time, tenants leave our buildings because they have a situation where they need to leave, like relocating or upsizing (buying a house). We have had tenants who don't fit and we have to ask them to leave, but we also have some tenants who intend to stay until they are forced into another living situation, think convalescent home

I do no want chocolate pasta.

🤮🤢🤮

Day 5

Today was rope drop day, I think the only one of our trip. And in the end we failed. We woke up early and got dressed, had breakfast and all the stuff we were supposed to do. I made Fran english muffins with cheese melted on top in addition to her V8.

I had an English Muffin with raisins, my V8 and a cup of coffee.

I wanted to be out of the room at 8AM, i believe park opening was 9AM. But when it became 8:09 and none of us were ready I started to worry. We made the preparations, but it wasn't until 8:21 when we actually left the room, and that was already too late. Not sure what time we caught the Friendship boat and once we docked at DHS, Fran let me book it on ahead. I went as fast as I could but by the time I got to Toy Story Land the wait for SDD was 95 minutes. Not happening. Even TSMM had a 55 minute wait already.

So I caught back up with Mom and Fran and we went back to TSL just to explore. But first she picked up Hot Chocolates for Mom and herself and a little treat for her.

There was a huge line to get a picture with Woody, so I snapped my shot while in between folks posing with him.

Now that I had the big camera I took some photos as we traveled around and checked out the various rides and restaurants.

Even though I wasn’t hungry yet, I wanted to check out Woody’s Lunchbox.
I was curious about the menu.

I thought this guy was cute.

More shots around TSL

Mom stretching.

Coming soon to you, A Galaxy Far, Far, Away, but he he he, it’s coming to us sooner. I may or may not have already seen it…. :rolleyes1

Nope, not waiting 45 minutes for a ride that I’m pretty sure will make me sick. I feel ill after riding Tow Mater’s Jamboree and this one is based on that.

To Infinity and Beyond!

This picture does not do this landscaping justice. Just gorgeous!

Even the Restrooms are cool!

We let my Mom ride the scooter again, and decided that we had seen enough for now. We had FP+ for the whole party on RnRC cause no one told me what they wanted to ride, so I figured I would go on it as many times as I could stand. Now that I’m older I have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, which means that if I move my head suddenly in any direction I can get dizzy and disoriented. The web “textbook” definition says this, “This might occur when you tip your head up or down, when you lie down, or when you turn over or sit up in bed.” But I’m pretty sure that going upside down a few times, being spun around in loops with G forces could also have the same effect. :laughing:

We still had about half an hour until the FP opened up so when we saw this show coming to a conclusion we decided to stop and watch.

And pretty soon we were moved aside so that we didn’t get killed to get us out of the way.

That only took up less than ten minutes and since we still had time to kill we stopped for some PP pictures.

Now you might be wondering about those smiles, the PP photographer was quite funny and kept doing all kinds of silly poses and just snapping away. I didn’t even show you half of the shots he took. I saw him a few days later in the same spot doing the same antics and snapped a picture of him then.

He defintely had us laughing!

The irony of this sign was not lost on Fran and myself.

We still had a few more minutes before my FPs so we took a few more PP pics.

Eventually we moved on via shopping until the RnRC FP became available. I had thought my Dad might want to try it, so I made 4 FP, but in the end he was intimidated by the whole upside down stuff and said no. So I rode it twice. For some reason RnRC did not seem to play by the rules of FP+ opens 5 minutes before your time. It also did not have a digital timer. But I walked up when it said 5 mins before my time. I scanned my MB.

Blue Mickey.

There was kind of a line forming at the FP entry, so I went to the back hoping that by the time I got up to the front it would be OK.

Nope. Blue Mickey.

I’m not sure how many more times I tried before I finally got the green one, or if the CM just took pity on me and waved me through.

I was really pumped up for the first ride.

But after the first ride I was so wiped out that I slept through my second ride.

By the time I finished my second ride, my Dad had joined us. He had been coughing all morning so I gave him one of Fran's coughing pills.

Then it was time to use our FP for TSMM. Fran and I rode together and my parents rode together. I got one of my better scores, and turned out to be “Best in Vehicle” but I wasn't quick enough on the picture since I never expected to hold that honor!

By this time we were all hungry. I had the brilliant idea of trying to have lunch at the Tune In Lounge and that way we could order off the Prime Time menu without an ADR. Unfortunately so did a lot of other people, so we went with our back up which was the ABC Comissary. When we got there, we couldn't find a table inside so I gave up and snagged one ot the last outside tables.

I had noticed the huge line when we were inside looking for a table and immediately realized that mobile ordering was the way to go. So from our table outside we placed the order. About a minute after I hit send, I asked my Dad to come help me carry.

He's like, “You just ordered, don't you have to wait for them to make it?”

I told him, “I hit the choice, ‘I'm here now prepare my food.’ It's pretty much already made all they have to do is put it on a tray.”

In the end, they called my name just as we walked up to the counter so I was vindicated.

Mom got the Mediterranean salad with Chicken.

She was too hungry to stop eating on my account of wanting to take a picture.

Dad got the burger with Apple Slices on the side, but I didn't seem to have taken a picture. I'm sure everyone here knows what a burger looks like.

Fran and I split the basket of Fried goodness. Shrimp, Fish and Chicken Tenders. It was actually the perfect amount of food for the two of us and couldn't even finish my chicken tender.

I'll wrap this up here since I'm at my 35 photo limit...

How dare you use those two words in the same sentence!
Oops. Sorry. We have neither of those things up here.

Most of the time, tenants leave our buildings because they have a situation where they need to leave, like relocating or upsizing (buying a house). We have had tenants who don't fit and we have to ask them to leave, but we also have some tenants who intend to stay until they are forced into another living situation, think convalescent home
Ah!
Today was rope drop day, I think the only one of our trip.
So... you did none, then.
I made Fran english muffins with cheese melted on top
And something else. Egg, maybe?
I went as fast as I could but by the time I got to Toy Story Land the wait for SDD was 95 minutes. Not happening. Even TSMM had a 55 minute wait already.
Holy crap! You still got there early and already 95 minutes... and 55 !!!
She sure looks happy with that!
There was a huge line to get a picture with Woody, so I snapped my shot while in between folks posing with him.
Nice! Makes it look like the park is empty.
Even though I wasn’t hungry yet, I wanted to check out Woody’s Lunchbox.
It's really well themed, isn't it?
I thought this guy was cute.
::yes:: I noticed other Babybels around.
Mom stretching.
...to ride the scooter.

:rolleyes:
Coming soon to you, A Galaxy Far, Far, Away, but he he he, it’s coming to us sooner. I may or may not have already seen it…. :rolleyes1
Oh, sure. Rub it in.

;)
Nope, not waiting 45 minutes for a ride that I’m pretty sure will make me sick. I feel ill after riding Tow Mater’s Jamboree and this one is based on that.
Really! It looked pretty tame. And... dull.
Even the Restrooms are cool!
::yes:: Surprised a little kid would think of that. Andy's quite the kid.
We had FP+ for the whole party on RnRC cause no one told me what they wanted to ride, so I figured I would go on it as many times as I could stand.
yusss...
Now that I’m older I have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, which means that if I move my head suddenly in any direction I can get dizzy and disoriented. The web “textbook” definition says this, “This might occur when you tip your head up or down, when you lie down, or when you turn over or sit up in bed.” But I’m pretty sure that going upside down a few times, being spun around in loops with G forces could also have the same effect. :laughing:
:rolleyes1
And pretty soon we were moved aside so that we didn’t get killed to get us out of the way.
You do not want to mess with that one.
cute shot, but... Tink's feet in your mom's face... :sad2:
Now you might be wondering about those smiles, the PP photographer was quite funny and kept doing all kinds of silly poses and just snapping away. I didn’t even show you half of the shots he took. I saw him a few days later in the same spot doing the same antics and snapped a picture of him then.
Almost makes me wonder if he is combination PP and streetmosphere.
Great shot!
The irony of this sign was not lost on Fran and myself.
But I walked up when it said 5 mins before my time. I scanned my MB.

Blue Mickey.

There was kind of a line forming at the FP entry, so I went to the back hoping that by the time I got up to the front it would be OK.

Nope. Blue Mickey.

I’m not sure how many more times I tried before I finally got the green one, or if the CM just took pity on me and waved me through.
Oh dear. But... no digital timer? I'm sure there was one above the entrance.
But after the first ride I was so wiped out that I slept through my second ride.
Aww... poor Alison is tuckered out.

He had been coughing all morning so I gave him one of Fran's coughing pills.
If he's already coughing, does he really need a pill to make him cough more?

:rolleyes2
I got one of my better scores, and turned out to be “Best in Vehicle” but I wasn't quick enough on the picture since I never expected to hold that honor!
Nice!
By this time we were all hungry. I had the brilliant idea of trying to have lunch at the Tune In Lounge and that way we could order off the Prime Time menu without an ADR. Unfortunately so did a lot of other people, so we went with our back up which was the ABC Comissary. When we got there, we couldn't find a table inside so I gave up and snagged one ot the last outside tables.
Busy!!!
He's like, “You just ordered, don't you have to wait for them to make it?”

I told him, “I hit the choice, ‘I'm here now prepare my food.’ It's pretty much already made all they have to do is put it on a tray.”

In the end, they called my name just as we walked up to the counter so I was vindicated.
I tried mobile ordering once... maybe twice. Will be doing that more often!

The only difference that I notice (well before they made the green side lame) was that on orange your face feels like its melting onto your torso, and the rest of your body feels like it has like 10 of those blankets they used to put on you at the dentist for xrays, or did they only do that for women to protect things that certain men want to regulate? :laughing:

OK I gotta try it. And yes they make men wear them too. And also - I don't want to regulate anything! ;)

Wow - I can't believe the lines for SDD were 95 minutes that early! That's crazy. We've only FP it so far. Also, yes AS2 is definitely the same ride as Mater's except with a different theme. We tried it with a reasonably short wait - I like Mater's better because of the goofy songs.

ABC commisary is one of those "most improved" QS restaurants - it used to be pretty bad but the last few times we were there it was quite good. They just changed it up considerably though - so hopefully they didn't replace too much of the menu.

Can't wait for Galaxy's Edge. I've been actually avoiding most of the info on it because I want to be WOWed come August. Though what I've seen so far I keep thinking - "Oh Fran and Alison are going to get THAT." :lmao: It sounds like they might have a virtual queue by then to get into the land instead of reservations - hopefully getting there first thing in the morning is good enough for getting in.

Best quote comment EVER!!! 😄

I'm glad you found that humorous!

Oops. Sorry. We have neither of those things up here.

I'd say with the trade off you are lucky!

So... you did none, then.

Pretty much.

And something else. Egg, maybe?

Nope that was it. Remember we were trying to get out of there quickly?

Holy crap! You still got there early and already 95 minutes... and 55 !!!

I think the park opened at 9AM and it was about that time that I actually got there. I wanted to be on Hollywood Blvd (is that the name of the street like Main Street in that park?) at 8:30AM, but as you know we didn't make it.

She sure looks happy with that!

She loves her frosted donuts. That's why she didn't need an egg!

Nice! Makes it look like the park is empty.

I try to do that in my shots. Cause you know the parks are never empty.

It's really well themed, isn't it?

Yes, I thought so.

::yes:: I noticed other Babybels around.

I've also seen them in the trailers for TS4, so they must play some role in that movie.

...to ride the scooter.

:rolleyes:

It was an E Ticket ride for her.

Oh, sure. Rub it in.

;)

Really! It looked pretty tame. And... dull.

Think of the tea cups. It's sort of like a 2/3 teacup motion. The last time I rode Mader's ride, I felt a little queasy.

::yes:: Surprised a little kid would think of that. Andy's quite the kid.

He's got a pretty good team working for him.

You do not want to mess with that one.

Certainly not.

cute shot, but... Tink's feet in your mom's face... :sad2:

I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out.

Almost makes me wonder if he is combination PP and streetmosphere.

Could be. He was goofy and fun.

Oh dear. But... no digital timer? I'm sure there was one above the entrance.

No, it was an analog clock, I tried to find a picture, but couldn't.

Aww... poor Alison is tuckered out.

I'd had a big day so far!

If he's already coughing, does he really need a pill to make him cough more?

:rolleyes2

Sure he does. Helps him cough it all out.

I tried mobile ordering once... maybe twice. Will be doing that more often!

I really like it. We did it on Saturday. There was a HUGE line for ice cream, we mobile ordered and it took longer to decide what we wanted than for them to prepare the order.

OK I gotta try it.

I think you should!

And yes they make men wear them too. And also - I don't want to regulate anything! ;)

I didn't think so!

Wow - I can't believe the lines for SDD were 95 minutes that early! That's crazy. We've only FP it so far. Also, yes AS2 is definitely the same ride as Mater's except with a different theme. We tried it with a reasonably short wait - I like Mater's better because of the goofy songs.

I'm hoping when we go in October, everyone else will be in the Millennium Falcon queue instead of SDD.

ABC commisary is one of those "most improved" QS restaurants - it used to be pretty bad but the last few times we were there it was quite good. They just changed it up considerably though - so hopefully they didn't replace too much of the menu.

I've actually always liked it. I remember they had a Cuban Sandwich that was pretty good. But I was happy with our fried basket. We each got a piece of fish and chicken, and then like three shrimps. We're used to splitting fried in every day life so it was all good.

Can't wait for Galaxy's Edge. I've been actually avoiding most of the info on it because I want to be WOWed come August. Though what I've seen so far I keep thinking - "Oh Fran and Alison are going to get THAT."

I was actually not totally wowed. They did a great job making things look dingy, and I thought the ride was fabulous, but I wasn't thrilled by the merch or the food. We did miss the Cantina cause the line was so long and there was only so much we could do in 4 hours. Next time we are gonna do the stuff we missed first next time. Hopefully I'll find something I want to buy. Fran did get a couple hats and a shirt.

:lmao: It sounds like they might have a virtual queue by then to get into the land instead of reservations - hopefully getting there first thing in the morning is good enough for getting in.

Yes, that's what they're calling it. It starts June 24. People are speculating that all the spots will be gone if you don't get to the parks before noon. But once the virtual queue is in place, there won't be time limits on guest stays, however there will not be in and out privileges. So once you leave you can't go back until another day.

I'd say with the trade off you are lucky!
:rolleyes1
Nope that was it. Remember we were trying to get out of there quickly?
Then... what's the white that I see? margarine?
I think the park opened at 9AM and it was about that time that I actually got there. I wanted to be on Hollywood Blvd (is that the name of the street like Main Street in that park?) at 8:30AM, but as you know we didn't make it.
I do know. And yes, it's Hollywood Blvd. You turn down Sunset Blvd to go to TOT and RNRC
She loves her frosted donuts. That's why she didn't need an egg!
Logical. :)
I try to do that in my shots. Cause you know the parks are never empty.
I've also seen them in the trailers for TS4, so they must play some role in that movie.
Huh. Maybe? Wonder how much they paid them.
I'm guessing... a lot.
It was an E Ticket ride for her.
Think of the tea cups. It's sort of like a 2/3 teacup motion. The last time I rode Mader's ride, I felt a little queasy.
Gotcha. Puke cups.
He's got a pretty good team working for him.
No, it was an analog clock, I tried to find a picture, but couldn't.
Huh. Don't think I have a photo either.
Sure he does. Helps him cough it all out.
Well, that makes much more sense.
I really like it. We did it on Saturday. There was a HUGE line for ice cream, we mobile ordered and it took longer to decide what we wanted than for them to prepare the order.
::yes:: Like I said, I'll be doing that a lot more from now on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts