Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyDad in PA said:
Just got here at the Beach Club! Our room is wonderful. We got some nice pixie dust and got upgraded to club level and we r in room 3691. Great start.

How awesome!!! Congrats!

Nannette, HOW DID YOU ENTER YOUR DHs UCT tickets???? MDE won't let me enter mine. I have a few hours of today left to be able to make FP+ reservations... I called Tech support and they said I had to be present to get my UCT linked to my reservation...

Just messaged you.

~N

Thanks for reporting this. I have been loosely following a FP+/MB thread and here is one post from someone who is trying to track info.

It looks like some people have been able to book FP+ for their September trips to BC (YC too? Not sure, so could some Sept YC guests check please)(BCV doesn't appear to be included)

Most have not been able to customize MB at this point.

I am not really sure on the process, but I believe that this involves logging into to your My Disney Experience account, and updating info if it is not there. There should be a tab that appears allowing you to make FP+ ressies.

If you are a

I just checked as I am staying at the Yacht Club and I have been able to make fastpass+ selections as of today (Thursday).

Ok I'm thinking about dining locations for one day of our trip that we have FP+ selections in DHS planned but no meals organised yet. It's not long to go now I know but I was wondering, if we end up not going to ESPN or B&C , how is the food at Cape May Cafe? Would you recommend the food there or not? We are not shellfish food lovers. I'm thinking TS dinner options since our FP+ are from mid- morning to mid afternoon with a window of opportunity for a CS lunch. The options in DHS don't appeal and we already have a reservation at 50's PT on another date.

Hi Dee, Just wanted to let you know that I am staying at BCV's for the September trip through my DVC and I am able to set up the fast pass + stuff... I don't know if that drives a magic band or not but I have fast pass times (3) set.

~N

We usually do B& C on arrival day for lunch, but this past July we decided on Boardwalk Bakery for Lobster rolls. They were sooooo good!!! We sat in the shade just outside the Bakery and enjoyed a sweet treat with them.

DH loves lobster rolls. I better not tell him about those until I know we are heading there.:rotfl2:

Once the kids get a peek at that pool it's going to be hard to tell them "no, we have to go elsewhere". I'd pack the swim suits in a carry on and I'd go to Storm Along Bay. If your room is not ready I would change into the suits at the fitness club. You can store your clothes in a locker and if you have carry-ons bell services will be happy to store them for you and let you access them as needed.

After some time at the pool your room will be ready. You and Dad can get settled in the room while the kids explore the hotel. Then I'd go to dinner somewhere in this Epcot/Boardwalk/resort area. Dinner can be a counter service if you don't want to do the big sit down, time consuming dinner, or a table service if you need to decompress. Definitely get an ADR if you are thinking table service. Then Illuminations and off to bed.

You and the kids are going to be tired from traveling and all the excitement is going to take it's toll. There is a lot to be said for leaving your arrival day as a resort day. It gives you a chance to get settled, get the lay of the resort and get relaxed for a busy WDW vacation. If you start out running at top speed right from the get go it's just going to run you down. By utilizing this plan you will have accomplished a lot on your first day without running yourselves ragged. Resist the urge to start running around like maniacs and hopefully it will get your vacation off to a great start.

Good luck!

~NM

This is my plan...check in and get lunch somewhere with no wait and then head to the pool for a bit. If the room is ready I will get that situated while DH takes the boys down to the pool and then join them. Then we are heading to Epcot for dinner (booked dinner in Mexico, but might scrap it depending on how we feel) and wandering around. Made a few FP+ just incase too. Want to catch Illuminations and then go to bed. Past trips we've had lunch and headed straight to MK then back to the hotel to swim and it went really well. But we got in a bit earlier and we were staying at WL and CR so it was super convenient. I was just saying to DH it will be strange not going to MK first thing, we won't even see MK till the next evening!!! But we both agreed it was fine, we're going with our usual convenience and leisurely pace plan. So pool and Epcot it is.

Such good pointers! I love this board! I do think we will have a QS lunch somewhere around the BC and then pool it for awhile. Head over to Epcot for QS dinner and illuminations. My family is not huge into sit down dinners so I think QS might be a plan.:thumbsup2

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:I can't take it anymore. I want to go to sleep so I can get on my 6:30am plane and check into the YC. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:cool1::cool1:

Sunshine Seasons has a nice food court with a good selection of food for a QS dinner. We have also done the Mexican counter service place. It is a nice place to eat and look out over the lake. Some people like the food at Morocco. There is the American Pavilion with standard burger and fries type food. And some people love the fish and chips at the booth outside Rose and Crown. And then there are the fantastic looking sandwiches, soups and desserts at France's bakery. There are a lot of choices in Epcot. :) I'm sure I am missing lots of them. We almost always eat our lunch at Epcot on arrival day, since it seems like our room is seldom ready when we arrive, usually around 1:30pm. :goodvibes

Sooo many great choices!!Thanks!:thumbsup2

Just got here at the Beach Club! Our room is wonderful. We got some nice pixie dust and got upgraded to club level and we r in room 3691. Great start.

Nice!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Ok
I've got a ? for you all. I've not received an email to participate in My Magic+ next month but today i logged in and it popped up for me to customize my MagicBands and make my Fastpass+ reservations and will let me do both. Does that mean i guess we're testers when we arrive at BC on Sept 7?

Ok
I've got a ? for you all. I've not received an email to participate in My Magic+ next month but today i logged in and it popped up for me to customize my MagicBands and make my Fastpass+ reservations and will let me do both. Does that mean i guess we're testers when we arrive at BC on Sept 7?

you could be. For my trip in August, I was able to customize MagicBand and make FP+ selections without the official email which arrived about 17 days before our vacation. The MagicBands were delivered and sitting on my dining room table when I received the email inviting me to participate.

Ok

Yes....expect an email 17 days before your trip inviting you to take part in the test. You dont have to wait for the letter to get started. Order your bands now and get your FP+ times now.

Anyone have any news on the refrigerator situation? We'll be at the yacht club September 21st for two weeks. Don't NEED a fridge but would appreciate one.

you could be. For my trip in August, I was able to customize MagicBand and make FP+ selections without the official email which arrived about 17 days before our vacation. The MagicBands were delivered and sitting on my dining room table when I received the email inviting me to participate.

Exactly, same experience here.

Yes....expect an email 17 days before your trip inviting you to take part in the test. You dont have to wait for the letter to get started. Order your bands now and get your FP+ times now.

Ok

If you can do it, go ahead and do it, you'll get the letter later on, but you'll already be all set. FUN! :cheer2: But it did make me re-work a bunch of things!!! It's never ending, but then when we get there, we'll just go with the flow and change things up some more.

Well i stand corrected, I can book Fastpass+ times but not customize bands even though it tells me i can when i click it nothing is there for the bands. So now i'm royally confused. :confused3

Anyone have any news on the refrigerator situation? We'll be at the yacht club September 21st for two weeks. Don't NEED a fridge but would appreciate one.

I am pretty sure I saw it somewhere in the last 20 or so pages of this super fast moving thread a few days ago that all the fridges at BC and YC have been replaced. So no worries with that anymore. :thumbsup2

Banana Bunny has been located by lost and found and is flying up to our house!
Melinda at lost and found is awesome

I think Banana just wanted to hang out at SAB with Buzzy and Johnny Depp

(Banana is my DDs favorite stuffed animal - we left him there Saturday)

That's brill news.

Let me rephrase whats happening, today when i logged into Disney i got a popup that said customize your magicbands and book your fastpass+ selections. When I clicked the customize my magicband all that is there is the KTTW so i can't do anything (was really hoping for magic bands to reveal the surprise to the kids) but when i click the book fast pass+ it lets me. It should let me do both or neither, right?

That is awesome!!!:yay::yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!