Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I know this has been covered before, but I've searched and can't find everything. I have ordered from Garden Grocer before, but was thinking of just ordering a case of water this time? Staples has free shipping, but how do they ship? Will I have to pay a fee to pick it up or is it USPS?

Anyone know the best way to get a case of water to the YC? And how much before should I order it. I'm at 9 days out now so I suppose anytime would be fine.

I would like to order a case of water to be shipped as well but am hesitant because of the fee that might be charged to pick it up. A friend of mine was at WDW recently and she used Turner Drugs--she just got a case of water from them and some soda too. They charge $7.50 to deliver to any WDW resort. Hope this helps!

This is an excellent question, and one we see a lot. I'm not sure we have seen a definitive answer, but I would love to try to compile something for the FAQ.

That Turner Drug option sounds interesting. I keep forgetting about that. Do they deliver everything directly to the front desk or bell services and not the convention center???

Anyone know the price of a case of water there?

This might actually be a good solution for the person who was asking about sunscreen since they were only doing carryon. Wonder what the price of sunscreen plus delivery vs. the cost at the BC Marketplace is.

If anyone has recent info about the prices of a case of water from the following sources, please post:

Beach Club Marketplace (no delivery fee)
Hess Gas Station near BW resort (no delivery fee, but must walk or drive there)
Walmart/Target- must drive there, or take cab

Delivery Options:
Turner Drug- Cost? Delivery Fee? (There's a telephone number on page 1, Post 14 of this thread, if someone wants to research)
Staples- Cost? Delivery Fee? To front desk or convention center?
Garden Grocer- Cost? Minimum order required

Oh well what ya gonna do... I have Sweet Sunday's and the Parisian Breakfast booked. Can't wait for that trip, but have to get through the September trip first!!

~N

Hi Nannette. DH and I are going to the F&W this October for the first time. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the special events! Have you done Sweet Sundays before? I think the Parisian Breakfast is new this year right?

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Grrr....must move rooms!!!!

annoyed...but not making this ruin anything...will try and take pics of this one first...

Packing is complete! Took a bit of effort because the case weighed too much, but I've shoved stuff in DBF's hand luggage so all sorted! Staying over at the airport tomorrow then flying to MCO on Friday, 4 nights at SeaWorld hotel then I'll be checking in to YC on Tuesday! Woohoo! Can't quite believe its almost here, I've been counting down from 423 days!

Wifey- I hope your DH recovers quickly

So exciting! Have a great trip!

Holy Cow ... It sure is quiet here. I miss my two blond girls already!!! Jeanne called at 1 AM to say they finally landed and Lily was off to see her father. Apparently on the plane Jeanne asked Lily if she was excited to see Dada and she said "No Dada, I want Pop-Pop and Mickey". Made Bob feel like a big deal to be up there with Mickey. She also calls Pop-Pop the "Kissing Monster".

Looking forward to meeting up with all the guests that are there now and coming in soon on Sunday and Monday before I head off to Vegas to help set up Jeanne's classroom on Tuesday.

We check in on September 26th and I cannot wait! I don't think I go more than 3 hours without thinking about the relaxation to come at the BC. Anyone else this obsessive too??

The only hiccup? DH just told me yesterday that his boss (who I actually really like) and his fiancée and 2 other couples from work (that I've never met) are coming down on our dates and want to stay at BC. I foresee a lot of work conversations.... Hoping they'll all get annoyed spending much of the day standing in character lines ;).

Hi everyone!!! I've been catching up and finally I can help Dee out. I just read about Turner Drugs and was checking out pricing, so here you go...

soda (coke, diet coke, pepsi, diet pepsi, mt. dew & sprite) 12 pack, 12 oz cans are $4.99 each.

water: Nestle, 1/2 liter bottles, 32 bottles (case) $7.99 or 6 pack $2.49 or Crystal Geyser, 1/2 litter bottles 24 bottles (case) $6.99 or 6 pk $2.19.

Delivery fee is $7.50 to all Disney Resorts including Swan and Dolphin. If your hotel is not on the list it's $10 to $15 depending on location.

It also states to call for delivery fees (407) 828-8125 and all online orders are $7.50.

The last part is slightly confusing, but I think it's safe to say if your staying onsite it's only $7.50 with no minimum $ amount needed and since they deliver to all resorts for the yc/bc/bcv it should go directly to that resort not the convention center. Hope this helps.

Hi Nannette. DH and I are going to the F&W this October for the first time. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the special events! Have you done Sweet Sundays before? I think the Parisian Breakfast is new this year right?

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi Kerry, Yes I have done Sweet Sunday's and it's a lot of fun. Theres a celebrity chef and they make 3 desserts while you have breakfast and champagne! Breakfast is a buffet and pretty good. You sample the desserts that are brought to your table. The Parisian Breakfast is new this year... I'm excited to give it a try. When DD and I went in 2011 we did a lot of things so I skipped doing those this year with the exception of Sweet Sunday's because I really like this one! We did the Tequila Tasting, Grand Marnier Seminar, Party for the Senses Wine View and also bought the I think it was 6 wines from 6 countries. Food and Wine can be a lot of fun if you plan it right. I printed out the menu of all the booths and then highlighted the countries and the food and wines/drinks I wanted to make sure I did while there. I find that if you don't know where you want to be you can end up wandering and miss something that you really wanted to try!

I hope this helps... and just so we keep it YC/BC related staying at the YC/BC is really nice for F&W :thumbsup2 I'm staying at AKL CL though :rotfl2:

~N

Hi everyone! I would love suggestions for our check in day. We will be staying BC CL. We will fly in by 11am but probably won't be to the BC until 1pm I am thinking. I have made no plans that day. Would love to hear how you would spend check in day. We have park tickets for that day as well.

Dinner suggestions welcome too.

Thanks.

Holy Cow ... It sure is quiet here. I miss my two blond girls already!!! Jeanne called at 1 AM to say they finally landed and Lily was off to see her father. Apparently on the plane Jeanne asked Lily if she was excited to see Dada and she said "No Dada, I want Pop-Pop and Mickey". Made Bob feel like a big deal to be up there with Mickey. She also calls Pop-Pop the "Kissing Monster".

Looking forward to meeting up with all the guests that are there now and coming in soon on Sunday and Monday before I head off to Vegas to help set up Jeanne's classroom on Tuesday.

I bet it must feel like a ghost town!!! So glad your visit with them was so much fun.

Have a great time in Vegas with Jeanne and Lily :thumbsup2

Sure rub it in that you aren't going to be there when I am ;)

So glad you don't have to miss your blondies for too long! There is nothing more wonderful for a child growing up than wonderful, loving grandparents! Lily is truly blessed!!

I hope you have a great trip! We will certainly miss seeing you each day but we at least have December :)

Jay

Hi everyone! I would love suggestions for our check in day. We will be staying BC CL. We will fly in by 11am but probably won't be to the BC until 1pm I am thinking. I have made no plans that day. Would love to hear how you would spend check in day. We have park tickets for that day as well.

Thanks.

We always start with lunch at Beaches and Cream.

After that it depends whether our room is ready or not. If it is we change and head on down to SAB - well DH and the kids do, I unpack first.

If it's not ready to walk of EPCOT and just stroll around WS.

HTH

Thanks.

We always go to MK on our first day. Depending on where the FP+ situation is at that time, we may change the plan and take care of some important attractions *ahem* TSM. I'm planning our arrival to be around the same thing as yours and if our room wasn't ready was thinking about take a walk over to Boardwalk for a snack or over to Epcot for DH favorite QS (Mexico).

Thanks.

This is what we just did. We had lunch at Hurricane Hannah's when we got in (although it was CRAZY busy and the sky opened up on us before we finished lunch). We had swimsuits in our carry on (as well as small liquid sunscreen in a quart ziplock!) and would have changed at the health club, but our room was ready by the time we finished lunch. We settled in our room, went to the pool (storm was over), and hung out there for the rest of the afternoon. Then we got cleaned up and went to Epcot. We ate CS at Japan, and wandered around the closest countries before calling it a night (but one more visit to the hot tub at the quiet pool before bed, to work out the travel aches and pains! :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!