Don't miss the boat!

Good to know. When it says be all passengers on board at 4, you better plan to get back to the dock by 3:30.

Must be everyone's worst nightmare missing a plane/boat and you never expect it to happen to you but this is a scary reminder that it can! :scared:

I'm going to make sure we are always back at the ship at lease half hour before the ship departs!!

Its so hard to fathom that anyone would miss the ship. Every one of these videos I see, I think what the heck were they doing that was so important. I guess if it's a whole group that has missed the ship I could see that maybe they were on a non Disney excursion that had some issues or something. But when it's just one person who misses the ship......what were they thinking??? I'm so paranoid! I never want to be back to the ship any later than 30 minutes before it leaves the port. It's so hard for me to feel bad for them, when they have been told a 100 times how important it is to be back on time.

When we were on the Med cruise we were on an excursion that got back to the ship about 15 minutes after the all aboard time, but, it was a Disney excursion and there were about 10 other busses that got back late, so the ship waited for us, otherwise, you would have seen me in a video crying my eyes out!

(One reason to book a Disney excursion in a port that is very sightseeing intensive...)

This happened to a friend on the Mexican west coast. He had forgotten about the time change, didn't set his watch back and missed the ship!!! Wife watched from on deck waving to him! A tug brought him out to ship and he had to climb a rope ladder to entry! Doubt he ever made that mistake again.

Must be everyone's worst nightmare missing a plane/boat and you never expect it to happen to you but this is a scary reminder that it can! :scared:

I'm going to make sure we are always back at the ship at lease half hour before the ship departs!!

Missing the boat would be horrible! My boyfriend and I almost missed our train this past summer when we were in San Fransisco. The tour company got us back to our hotel late, causing us to miss the commuter train to San Jose where we were supposed to get on the Amtrak Coast Starlight. The next commuter train would have gotten us there too late. After a frantic call to Amtrak, they were able to direct us back to San Fransisco where we could catch the bus to the station in Emmeryville. Best of all, they didn't even charge us extra for the bus ride. Worst night ever, but at least it all worked out and we didn't get stranded in San Fransisco.

This is one reason I am willing to pay extra to do the excursions through DCL. This is my worse nightmare when it come to cruising, missing the ship.

I love the titles on these videos "Disney Magic Abandons Running Guy":lmao:

First of all: He wasn't running that fast!
Second of all: Its NOT the Magic's fault he was late:rolleyes1

I couldn't help myself though. I spent the entire video telling the harbor pilot that he could move faster, kinda like the little engine that could. It don't look like he made it though:lmao:

I see no problem booking non-DCL excursions though. Just don't book them to last the ENTIRE time you are in port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter