Don't Give Up Hope on Airmiles

DutchsMommy

DIS Veteran
I had tried several times over the past few weeks to book our flight down in November with Airmiles. Unfortunately there was no availability on Westjet which is what I needed to fly to get the Airmiles 1400 deal. Anyway, I was reading the thread on here today about booking with Airmiles, and thought to myself - I'll give them one more call just to make sure and then I'll book on SWA out of BUF. Well, lo-and-behold the woman on the phone confirmed my dates were available......WHAT?!?!?!?........I totally was not expecting that!!!!!!!!!! So, even though I was short a few Miles I went ahead and booked. We are officially set to fly out Nov 23rd and back Dec 2nd on Westjet out of Person!!!!!! 20 minute drive vs the 2 hr drive to BUF - LOVE IT!!!

So........moral of the story...........don't give up just because Airmiles tells you there is no availability........keep checking becuase apparently they DO open up more seats, or people cancel. :cool1: :cheer2: :thumbsup2

Big thanks to these boards for making me check one last time.

PS - the last 3 digits of my confirmation # are 'VMK' so I figure I got some pixiedust: thrown my way :cloud9:

I always use Airmiles to purchase my DH's park hopper. :thumbsup2

But, yes people do cancel, so keep checking! :)

same experience for moi..at the begining of the year..nothing..nothing for Nov..them WHAM..2 seats..booked em..needed a third, was just going to wait and buy it..checked back a couple times and bammmo a 3rd seat opened up!

Madonnna, I have never heard of using airmiles to purchase the parkhoppers. What kind of airmiles are these and how many does it take? :confused3

They are Air Miles (www.airmiles.ca) and you can earn them through Bank of Montreal, Mastercard and a number of stores.

You can purchase 5 or 7 day Hoppers (MYW now I guess) using them. Check out the website - just search 'Disney' and you'll see them.

We've bought PH/MYW tix twice with no problem. They mail them to you (the actual tickets not a voucher) and you are set to go as soon as you reach the Parks.

I was thinking of doing this for our Feb trip ... let me know what you think of if anyone else has done something similar.
I've enough airmiles to purchase one adult and two child 5-day basic park passes (no hopper or plus). When we get down to disney we'll go to guest relations and pay the additional charge to have them converted to 7-day parkhoppers plus. The value of our base tickets are adult - $199 and child - $162 so the difference to pay would be $77 plus tax for the adult and $81 x2 for the child. We would add one more adult 7-day ph plus wp for $276. Our cost overall would be $515 plus taxes compared to $1043 plus taxes (1/2 price!) Do you think we're getting good value for our airmiles - 5485 miles? Would you do it any differently?

mickeywho? said:
I was thinking of doing this for our Feb trip ... let me know what you think of if anyone else has done something similar.
I've enough airmiles to purchase one adult and two child 5-day basic park passes (no hopper or plus). When we get down to disney we'll go to guest relations and pay the additional charge to have them converted to 7-day parkhoppers plus. The value of our base tickets are adult - $199 and child - $162 so the difference to pay would be $77 plus tax for the adult and $81 x2 for the child. We would add one more adult 7-day ph plus wp for $276. Our cost overall would be $515 plus taxes compared to $1043 plus taxes (1/2 price!) Do you think we're getting good value for our airmiles - 5485 miles? Would you do it any differently?

Hhmmm... here's what I would do. I looked at Ticketmania, and to purchase 1 Adult 7-day hopper plus no expiry, and 2 kids (taxes included) was $671 American. I think I would use your airmiles to get the adult 7-day complete ticket (3330 airmiles), and pre-purchase the kids passes from a place like Ticketmania or from Disney store in Canada. For 2 7-day complete kids tickets it would cost you $422. That way you're using up less of your airmiles, and shelling out less cash. :confused3

http://ticketmania.biz/shop/7_Day_Tickets.asp

Check out the prices for passes at the Disney Store in Canada. They've lowered their prices to reflect the higher dollar exchange. I would take advantage of that if you don't want to order tickets online.

Here's the thread with Disney Store CA prices:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1159604

Thanks - I forgot about ticketmania. I'll have to sit down and figure out the best way to do this. Better put my mathmetician hat on!!

I didn't know they opened more seats, I just assumed that once they were gone, that was it. I'll keep that in mind for my next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter