Don't get hurt, it's almost March Break!

grantclaire

DIS Veteran
I said these words to the DS17 as we drove to the High School Regional Wrestling Championships, he had told me he was going to give it his all to try to win and hoped to go to the Provincials. He is in grade 12 so this would be his final chance. He had been hurt back in December with a concussion and was not able to train for almost 8 weeks. He was cleared to train and compete about 6 weeks ago. He worked very hard to try to get back into shape. He was able to win 4 matches but fell short ending up in 5th place. He was hugged by his coaches, teammates and friends as he came off the mat for the last time. We were all so proud of him. Most important except for some cuts and bumps no major injuries! I told he will look good sitting around the pool in Orlando!

I tend to not say those things because I think I jinx myself. A few weeks ago my daughter and I were walking past all the people waiting at the fracture clinic in our hospital and I said don't ever break anything because I don't want to have to wait in that lineup ever. So that night, my son fractured his wrist skiing. :(

Enjoy your trip!

Congratulations to your son! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! We don't worry too much before we go.. it appears all of our calamities are scheduled for when we are actually ON the trip. I am more familiar with Orlando hospitals and walk in clinics than one should have to be.:scared:

We are heading to Aulani for march break and I'm desparately trying to avoid anyone with any hint of a cold or flu bug!

I was the same right before we left (got home last night :sad:)
We ski every Sunday and I was a nervous wreck for the 6 weeks before our trip!!! I think the words 'slow down!' and 'careful!' came out of my mouth more in those 6 weeks than in the 8.5 years that they've been alive!!

Congratulations to your son! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! We don't worry too much before we go.. it appears all of our calamities are scheduled for when we are actually ON the trip. I am more familiar with Orlando hospitals and walk in clinics than one should have to be.:scared:
We have had only one trip to a Dr in Orlando when the DD came down with an ear infection, I also learned early that I have to wear a hat when in the pool! The Florida sun can burn!

I worry more about getting a cold or something like that before going on vacation. I usually make everyone take extra vitamins and acidophilus. Now, my DD is a competitive dancer and has comps, auditions and shows from Feb thru June and that's what gets me nervous about injuries. Without fail every single year she needs an emergent appointment with her athletic therapist a day before some event.

Last Christmas we got up for our drive day too Buffalo to fly the next day, (6.5 hour drive) My 16 year old starting puking in the shower. We waited til 3 pm before we left because she couldn't keep water down. It was a long drive!!! We masked before flying the next morning. Loaded upon gravol. We landed and it was my turn within an hour. No more of that. 12 days too go.

We leave in 3.5 weeks and both DD7 and I are sick. She has a cold, and I have some gastro bug or ate something that doesn't agree with me. Both of us will be home tomorrow, hopefully mine is a 24-48 hour thing. I hope that DH doesn't get either illness and we are done with being sick by then.

Murphy's Law
Last Thursday I not too lady like twisted to the right and twisted to left to avoid falling over a students backpack laying in the middle of the hallway.
Yes primary kids were watching and I did not say what I wanted to scream...........*(&^%$$%^&*(()
I spent the P/A Day and long weekend trying to decide if I was ................................

a) going to the hospital--awful lower back pain...this is after I cried and had a full blown meltdown directed at my kitchen looking a mess(sons cooking again),,I never cry and yell at the same time,,,I think I got my point across.(The kitchen is clean)
b). cancelling my west Jet flight and plans for March
c). began looking up info on a walker or Electric scooter
d.) telling myself YOU can do this........................

I went to the Dr after work today and got 3 prescriptions,one for daytime muscle relaxant and one for a night time muscle relaxant,and yes I have a full blown sinus infection so a bottle of antibiotics.
I now have 3 weeks to get back into shape....wish me luck.
Hugs Mel

Murphy's Law
Last Thursday I not too lady like twisted to the right and twisted to left to avoid falling over a students backpack laying in the middle of the hallway.
Yes primary kids were watching and I did not say what I wanted to scream...........*(&^%$$%^&*(()
I spent the P/A Day and long weekend trying to decide if I was ................................

a) going to the hospital--awful lower back pain...this is after I cried and had a full blown meltdown directed at my kitchen looking a mess(sons cooking again),,I never cry and yell at the same time,,,I think I got my point across.(The kitchen is clean)
b). cancelling my west Jet flight and plans for March
c). began looking up info on a walker or Electric scooter
d.) telling myself YOU can do this........................

I went to the Dr after work today and got 3 prescriptions,one for daytime muscle relaxant and one for a night time muscle relaxant,and yes I have a full blown sinus infection so a bottle of antibiotics.
I now have 3 weeks to get back into shape....wish me luck.
Hugs Mel
Hope you start to feel better soon! I feel your pain, the DD21 is home for reading week. Picked her up at the airport, when I picked up her suitcase to load into the car ,I felt a twinge in the lower back. I now have some pills and icepacks and heating pads. "why is your bag so heavy? I ask. Oh just all my textbooks I need to study" Good luck!

Hope you start to feel better soon! I feel your pain, the DD21 is home for reading week. Picked her up at the airport, when I picked up her suitcase to load into the car ,I felt a twinge in the lower back. I now have some pills and icepacks and heating pads. "why is your bag so heavy? I ask. Oh just all my textbooks I need to study" Good luck!

Thanks for the well wishes Hon!
Take care of yourself too.
Hugs Mel

I am doing better today than yesterday,,the muscle relaxants at night are helping.
I'm doing lots of stretches during the day and Advil also.
Thanks for asking and hugs to you
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter