Don't forget to cancel your annual EZpay if not using after a year

we3peas

Mouseketeer
I saw a charge on my MC to Seaworld again this month after my year is up. Called to have it removed. They won't do it. They say it is an automatic renewal. I have canceled the pass (which is what I thought happened after the year was up). They never sent an email or called to remind me that it would continue. I call this deceptive marketing.

I have had passes from WDW and US and they do email before your time is expired. They also usually sweeten the pot with a % off offer to renew early.

I like SW but this is wrong!!!!!!!

It looks like they do at least mention that on their website -

We like to keep EZpay easy. After you have met your
commitment, your Pass will automatically roll over to a
month-to-month membership that can be cancelled at
any time.

Its a great deal and it states when you book it online that it will automatically renew at the end of the contract unless you state you want to cancel it. EZPay is a great deal because you lock in the rate when you bought your pass and dont pay any ticket increases. For my annual pass I am paying for it at a rate it was 4 years ago. Greatest idea ever. And like the PP said after one year its on a month by month basis so you cancel anytime if you really wanted too.

I love EZPay and all the beneifts it offers

They never sent an email or called to remind me that it would continue. I call this deceptive marketing.

If you are advised of the terms and conditions of the EZ Pay prorgram at the time of purchase, and the information is clearly shown on the EZ Pay portion fo the website, SW Parks enforcing those terms and conditions can't be classed as deceptive marketing. An email reminder would be a nice gesture, but lack of one is not being under-handed.

It looks like they do at least mention that on their website -

We like to keep EZpay easy. After you have met your
commitment, your Pass will automatically roll over to a
month-to-month membership that can be cancelled at
any time.

I was able to find it quite quickly as well.

They also usually sweeten the pot with a % off offer to renew early.

EZPay is a great deal because you lock in the rate when you bought your pass and dont pay any ticket increases. For my annual pass I am paying for it at a rate it was 4 years ago. Greatest idea ever.

^^This^^. The pot is sweetened by no increase to your AP as long as you keep it in force. So the longer you remain a passholder, the bigger discount you are receiving. I am betting that Disney AP holders have had an increase or two over the past several years....even with a renewal incentive.

They tell you that when you sign up. I love their ezpay plan thats why we have annual passes. Never have to pay an increase unlike the others. If you buy your passes and pay full price like we did one yr they do send an email about it ending and also offer a discount to renew. Like this yr we add my 2 girls to ezpay cause last yr i bought their passes and paid full price since they offered 50% off each pass if you had a preschool pass the yr before. So we got one pass free basicallly. This yr i got an email and it offered 20% off but you cant use it with ezpay but thats ok. I like being locked into a flat rate that wont increase. Its not deceptive marketing if you read the contract.

I have the Sea World/Busch Gardens Platinum pass that gets me into both Busch Garden parks,all three Sea World parks along with the waterparks in Tampa and Virginia,I don't get Aquatica because it didn't exist when I got my pass like 11 years ago,but basically I have my passes on EZ pay and I plan to never cancel it,they basically have me for life.I mean the pass I have now is like $26-$28/month,I pay $12,you can't beat it,you lock in that rate from when you sign up and unlike Disney the price never goes up.Even my Universal AP has gone up like 60% since Potter came in.

If you are advised of the terms and conditions of the EZ Pay prorgram at the time of purchase, and the information is clearly shown on the EZ Pay portion fo the website, SW Parks enforcing those terms and conditions can't be classed as deceptive marketing. An email reminder would be a nice gesture, but lack of one is not being under-handed.

I was able to find it quite quickly as well.

^^This^^. The pot is sweetened by no increase to your AP as long as you keep it in force. So the longer you remain a passholder, the bigger discount you are receiving. I am betting that Disney AP holders have had an increase or two over the past several years....even with a renewal incentive.

We got ours the first year they started EZPay and so we are still paying the same since 1999, I think. Ours is for BG/SW so really a good deal. It has always stated automatic renewal on their site-even 15 years ago. The big thing for EZ Pay pass holders to remember is that your credit card has an expiration date on it so you have to update when you get a new card so payments can be drawn. Also make sure your e-mail is current in case there is a problem with your cc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter